This collection of fresh and modern crochet stitches for blankets are perfect for your next crocheted project, whether it be a blanket, throw or afghan! Whatever project you are thinking of this list of fun step-by-step crochet stitches will be sure to inspire you!
Use the crochet stitch guide below to help you find the ideal stitch for your next crochet project!
Are you planning on crocheting blankets with these stitches? Explore the free crochet pattern archives for inspiration.
I can’t wait for you to explore this jam-packed list of stitches!
Happy Stitch Learning!
So Many Crochet Stitches to Pick From!
If you have read my five basic crochet stitches for beginners’ posts and are ready to try something a little more complicated, then this list is for you.
With so many crochet stitches to pick from this ultimate list of 31 stitches to try will be your last stop before making that next crochet afghan, throw, or blanket!
Read on down to find the packed list of step by step stitches some of which include videos so you can get started today on your next crochet blanket project!
What Are Some Unique Crochet Stitches to Learn?
This question, what are some unique crochet stitches I can learn, Is a question I always asked myself when I first started crocheting! I did and still, to this day, do end up using the simple but fun single crochet most of the time.
The single crochet is always a favorite of mine for crochet patterns and can be extremely useful for beginner crocheters to master early! But once I researched all the different stitches, I was amazed to find out how many stitches for blankets there were!
After you cover the basic stitches you will be ready to make some unique stitch combinations and be able to create beautiful crochet afghans and blankets!
Be sure to check out my stitch database too if you’d like to explore some stitches that may not be on this list.
Try All These Gorgeous Stitches for Blankets Today!
With the crochet pattern stitch list below, I hope that you will find some different crochets stitches to try on your next blanket or afghan that you haven’t tried before!
Even if you still would like to stick with the single crochet stitch, there are some variations of that basic (but useful) stitch below that you may want to take a peek at to expand your skills.
Most of the stitches have great in-depth photo tutorials, videos, or simple step-by-step instructions to help you out. The skill range does vary, but there is a stitch for everyone.
What Kind of Yarn Do I Need for Crochet?
Before you start crocheting these new stitches you’ll need some yarn! Of course.. Right? Below I linked up some of my favorite go-to yarns for blankets and throws.
I do tend to buy yarn from Lion Brand because of the fantastic quality, plus they are a great family company to support.
I also highly suggest Caron Simply Soft due to the incredible colors and softness of the yarn.
Feel free to explore all the different types of yarns & supplies linked up and let me know which is your favorite.
Lion Brand Yarn Options
Yarnspirations Yarn Options
What else will I need to make these stitches?
As well as the yarn I always suggest having a good pair of scissors, tape measure, a couple of different size crochet hooks and yarn needle on hand. I will share my suggestions below about these supplies too!
What is The Best Crochet Stitch to Use for a Blanket?
The best stitch for a crochet blanket is the basic half double crochet stitch closely followed by the single crochet. I love basic crochet stitches and design a lot of my blanket around them.
Make a Blanket With These Crochet Stitch Tutorials
Now that I explained my favorite stitches and the yarn that you’ll need to get started, all that’s left to do is read on down!
Keep on scrolling to find the list of crochet blanket stitches that are below! I can’t wait for you to learn some new crochet stitches that may become your favorite too!
Once you explore this list be sure to leave a comment to let me know which one is your favorite too!
Happy Crochet Stitch Looking and please feel free to ask me any questions you may have!
33+ Cool Crochet Stitches for Blankets and Afghans
All crochet stitches were free at the time of this post. Most stitches have example pictures or videos which explain them in even more detail.
The Best Crochet Stitches for Blankets
- Blanket Stitch from Easy Crochet
- Spike Stitch from Easy Crochet
- Bobble Stitch from Dream a Little Bigger
- Waffle Stitch from Mama in A Stitch
- Sand Stitch from Easy Crochet
- Block Stitch from Dream a Little Bigger
- Shell Stitch by Persia Lou
- Easy Crochet Chevron Stitch from Easy Crochet
- Primrose Crochet Stitch from Easy Crochet
- Lemon Peel Stitch by Persia Lou
- Mini Bean Stitch by Heart Hook Home
- Single Crochet Chevron Stitch from Easy Crochet
- Granite Stitch by Moogly
- Half Double Crochet Stitch by Easy Crochet
- Classic Ripple Stitch by Easy Crochet
- Bobble Stitch by Easy Crochet
- Cluster Stitch by Hopeful Honey
- Cable Stitch by Look At What I Made
- Ribbed Half Double Crochet Stitch by Yarn & Chai
- Granny Ripple Stitch By Easy Crochet
- Larksfoot Stitch by Oombawka Design Crochet
- Purl Slip Stitch by Mama in A Stitch
- Suzette Stitch by Make and Do Crew
- Floret Stitch by The Unraveled Mitten
- Popcorn Stitch by Easy Crochet
- Honey Comb Trellis Stitch by Daisy Cottage Designs
- Tulip Stitch by The Unraveled Mitten
- Granny Stripe Stitch by Hopeful Honey
- Mesh Stitch by Easy Crochet
- Basket Weave Stitch by Make and Do Crew
- Side Saddle Stitch by Make and Do Crew
- Tunisian Simple Stitch by Bhooked Crochet
- Half Double Crochet Third Loop by Easy Crochet
- Double Crochet Stitch by Easy Crochet
The patterns & tutorials above were all FREE at the time of this post. If you find a discrepancy, please let me know.
That’s it for This Big List of Stitches for Crochet Blankets!
Again, please let me know which one is your favorite stitch pattern out of this list. If you’d like to see my favorite ones too then, you might like this post about my favorite seven stitches for blankets.
If you have any more ideas of stitches that I missed then leave a link below, so I can check them out!
More Free Crochet Blanket Patterns
- 11 Free Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 7 Free Crochet Lap Blanket Patterns
- Crochet Blanket Borders
- Modern Granny Stitch Crochet Blanket
- Easy Crochet Lap Blanket
- Single Stitch Baby Blanket
- Clara Crochet Ripple Blanket
- 7 Beginner-Friendly Baby Blanket Crochet Patterns
- Faux Fur Yarn Crochet Blanket Pattern for Dogs
- 14+ Crochet Baby Blankets Free Patterns
Crochet Pattern Policy
SELLING: You may sell items made from patterns on Easy Crochet unless otherwise stated. If you choose to sell items made from this pattern, please link it back to me at www.easycrochet.com for credit. Please do not use my pictures to sell your items.
IMAGES & CONTENT: Copyright laws protect the photos and content of EasyCrochet.com. Do not distribute or copy the content without written permission. Do not edit or remove watermarks from any original image from easycrochet.com. If you would like to share an image, please only use 1 with a link back to Easy Crochet. Please use the original image with no overlays or additional text.
TRANSLATIONS: Please do not post a translation of my pattern(s) anywhere. If you would like to help make a translation I would be happy to publish it on Easy Crochet with a link and full credit to your blog. For further questions, please email [email protected]