You can find different stitch combinations for a blanket here. This post contains several unique crochet stitches perfect for your next afghan project.
This selection of new and contemporary crochet stitches for blankets will be perfect for your next crochet project whether it be blankets, throws or afghans!
What project are you preparing? Use the crochet stitch guide below to guide you in selecting the best crochet stitches!
If you are looking for some different crochet stitches for blankets, then look no further! This collection of unique crochet stitches are perfect to try on your next blanket or afghan project.
This collection of modern crochet stitches for blankets are perfect for your next crocheted project, whether it be a blanket, throw or afghan! Whatever project you are thinking of, this list of fun step-by-step crochet stitches will be sure to inspire you!
Use the crochet stitch guide below to help you find the ideal stitch for your next crochet project!
Are you planning on making a crochet blanket with these stitches? Explore the free crochet pattern archives for inspiration.
I can’t wait for you to explore this jam-packed list of stitches!
Happy Stitch Learning!
Pretty Crochet Stitches for Blankets
If you have read my five basic crochet stitches for beginners posts and are ready to try something a little more complicated, then this list of pretty and interesting crochet stitches for blankets is for you.
With so a good deal of beautiful crochet stitch patterns to pick from, this ultimate list of 33 stitches to try will be your last stop before making that next crochet afghan, throw, or blanket! They are all gorgeous, so any stitch you decide on will make a fabulous crochet blanket.
Read on down to find the packed list of step by step stitches, some of which include stitch video tutorials, so you can get started today on your next crochet blanket project!
Unique Crochet Stitches to Learn
This question, what are some unique crochet stitches I can learn, Is a question I always asked myself when I started crocheting! I did and still, until now, do end up using the simple but fun single crochet most of the time.
The single crochet is always a favorite of mine for crochet patterns and can be extremely useful for beginner crocheters to master early! But once I researched all the different stitches, I was amazed to find out how many stitches for blankets there were!
After you cover the basic stitches, you will be ready to make some unique stitch combinations and be able to create beautiful crochet afghans and blankets!
Decorative Crochet Stitches
This stitch list also includes some more challenging stitches such as lacy stitches that an advanced or more experienced crocheter would enjoy.
If you intend to up your crochet skills, then this collection has a fun stitch or two for that will catch your eye to use on a new blanket design or even your next crochet project.
Be sure to check out my crochet stitch dictionary too if you’d like to explore some other fun and more advanced stitches to crochet that may not be on this list.
Gorgeous Stitches for Blankets
With the crochet pattern stitch list below, I hope that you will find some different crochets stitches to try on your next blanket or afghan that you haven’t tried before!
Even if you still would like to stick with the single crochet stitch, there are some variations of that basic (but useful) stitch below that you may want to take a peek at to expand your skills.
Most of the stitches have great in-depth photo tutorials, videos, or simple step-by-step instructions to help you out. The skill range does vary, but there is a stitch for everyone.
What Kind of Yarn Do I Need for Crochet?
Before you start crocheting these new stitches, you’ll need some yarn that is great for blankets! Below I linked up some of my favorite go-to yarns for blankets, baby blanket and large throws.
I do tend to buy yarn from Lion Brand because of the fantastic quality, plus they are a great family company to support.
I also highly suggest Caron Simply Soft due to the incredible colors and softness of the yarn.
You are welcome to explore all the different types of yarns & supplies linked up and let me know which is your favorite.
What else will I need to make all these different stitches?
To make these crocheted stitches I always recommend having a few crochet tools on hand like a good pair of scissors, tape measure, a couple of different size crochet hooks and a yarn needle.
Plus, the yarn, of course. I will share my suggestions below about these supplies too!
What Are The Best Crochet Stitches for Blankets?
The best stitch for a crochet blanket is the basic half double crochet stitch, closely followed by the single crochet.
I love basic crochet stitches and design a lot of my blanket around them.
Make a Blanket With These Crochet Stitch Tutorials
Now that I explained my favorite stitches and the yarn that you’ll need to get started, all that’s left to do is read on down!
Keep on scrolling to find the list of different crochet blanket stitches that are below! I can’t wait for you to learn some new crochet stitches that may become your favorite, too!
Once you explore this list, be sure to leave a comment to let me know which one is your favorite!
33+ Cool Crochet Stitches for Blankets and Afghans
All crochet stitches were free during this post. Most stitches have example pictures or videos which explain them in even more detail. Take the time to explore these different crochet stitches for blankets and find a new favorite stitch to use in your next crochet project.
If you find the answer to what is the best crochet stitch for a blanket, please me know because I love them all worked up in blankets.
Even if you don’t know, I hope this list of crochet stitch tutorials helps you find what to crochet next in your journey.
The Best Crochet Stitches for Blanket Patterns
- Blanket Stitch from Easy Crochet – This stitch is the best crochet stitch for a baby blanket!
- Spike Stitch from Easy Crochet
- Bobble Stitch from Easy Crochet
- Waffle Stitch from Easy Crochet
- Sand Stitch from Easy Crochet
- Block Stitch from Dream a Little Bigger
- Shell Stitch by Easy Crochet
- Chevron Stitch from Easy Crochet
- Primrose Crochet Stitch from Easy Crochet
- Lemon Peel Stitch by Persia Lou
- Mini Bean Stitch by Heart Hook Home
- Single Crochet Chevron Stitch from Easy Crochet
- Granite Stitch by Moogly
- Half Double Crochet Stitch by Easy Crochet
- Classic Ripple Stitch by Easy Crochet
- Cluster Stitch by Hopeful Honey
- Cable Stitch by Look At What I Made
- Ribbed Half Double Crochet Stitch by Yarn & Chai
- Granny Ripple Stitch By Easy Crochet
- Larksfoot Stitch by Oombawka Design Crochet – This fancy stitch looks harder than it is! You’ll love this one!
- Purl Slip Stitch by Mama in A Stitch
- Suzette Stitch by Make and Do Crew
- Floret Stitch by The Unraveled Mitten
- Popcorn Stitch by Easy Crochet
- Honey Comb Trellis Stitch by Daisy Cottage Designs
- Tulip Stitch by The Unraveled Mitten
- Granny Stripe Stitch by Hopeful Honey
- Mesh Stitch by Easy Crochet
- Basket Weave Stitch by Make and Do Crew
- Side Saddle Stitch by Make and Do Crew
- Tunisian Simple Stitch by Bhooked Crochet
- Half Double Crochet Third Loop by Easy Crochet
- Double Crochet Stitch by Easy Crochet – This is a great stitch for a blanket because it is beginner-friendly and easy to learn. It truly is one of the easiest stitches to use to make the best blanket crochet pattern.
- Triple Crochet by Easy Crochet – This is one of the large crochet stitches and works up fast in any blanket it is crocheted into.
- Blanket Stitch by Easy Crochet – This blanket crochet stitch tutorial is one of my favorites to use in baby blankets, stroller blanket or lovey blankets.
- Herringbone Half Double Crochet by Easy Crochet – Use our free crochet blanket pattern to make this HHDC stitch.
- Waffle Stitch by Easy Crochet
Our Big List of The Best Crochet Stitches for Blankets
Again, please let me know which one is your favorite stitch pattern out of this list to try on your next project.. If you’d like to see my favorite ones too, then, you might like this post about my favorite seven stitches for blankets.
I also have a blanket resizing calculator, so you can figure out how many stitches for a blanket you’ll want when crocheting a different blanket size like a baby blanket versus a throw size. It is definitely a tool that I use quite often went I want to change the size of my blanket, and it works with any crochet stitch!
If you have any more ideas of stitches that I missed then leave a link below, so I can check them out!
Best Free Crochet Patterns & Blanket Patterns to Use These Stitches on
- 11 Free Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 7 Free Crochet Lap Blanket Patterns
- Crochet Blankets & Borders
- Modern Granny Stitch Crochet Blanket
- Easy Crochet Lap Blanket
- Single Stitch Baby Blanket
- Clara Crochet Ripple Blanket
- 7 Beginner-Friendly Baby Blanket Crochet Patterns
- Faux Fur Yarn Crochet Blanket Pattern for Dogs
- 14+ Crochet Baby Blankets Free Patterns
Crochet Pattern Policy
SELLING: You may sell items made from patterns on Easy Crochet unless otherwise stated. If you choose to sell items made from this pattern, please link it back to me at www.easycrochet.com for credit. Please do not use my pictures to sell your items.
IMAGES & CONTENT: Copyright laws protect the photos and content of EasyCrochet.com. Do not distribute or copy the content without written permission. Do not edit or remove watermarks from any original image from easycrochet.com. If you would like to share an image, please only use 1 with a link back to Easy Crochet. Please use the original image with no overlays or additional text.
TRANSLATIONS: Please do not post a translation of my pattern(s) anywhere. If you would like to help make a translation I would be happy to publish it on Easy Crochet with a link and full credit to your blog. For further questions, please email email@example.com.