If you are looking for a fun way to use the double crochet stitch, then this double crochet cluster tutorial will be it!
Easy Double Crochet Cluster Pattern
Use the step by step tutorial below to learn a fun & easy stitch! I am really excited to share this crochet cluster tutorial with everyone because it is easy to learn and GREAT for beginner crocheters!
I used a 100% cotton yarn called Lily Sugar’n Cream for this crochet stitch tutorial. Feel free to use any yarn weight, color, or brand you’d prefer. Any type of yarn with this stitch would turn out amazing.
I love any yarns by Lion Brand Yarn if you are on the fence with what to use.
Make a Double Crochet Cluster Blanket Too!
Once you get the hang of this stitch you can make a dc cluster crochet blanket! I made one as a baby shower gift in orange, blue and light blue! If you click the link above you can check out the free crochet pattern!
Ready To Get Started?
Thanks for taking the time to look and read on down for the full crochet tutorial to get started today.
Double Crochet Cluster Stitch Tutorial
Skill Level: Easy
- To start chain an odd number
- Chain 3, Crochet 2 Double Crochets in the 4th chain from the hook (1st CLUSTER!!) skip a chain , then crochet 2 Double Crochets again, Keep doing this until the end of the chain make sure to end with 1 Double Crochet ( not 2!!)
- Chain 3, Crochet 1 double crochet in the same place (to make a cluster!!) Crochet 2 double crochets between the first and second Double Crochet cluster of the last row, repeat this until the end of the row, make sure to end with 2 double crochets this time!! (lets keep it even!!)
- Chain 3, Crochet 2 Double Crochets in the first and second cluster of the previous round. Crochet 2 Double Crochets between every cluster of the previous row until the end of the the current row. make sure to end with 1 double crochet (not 2!!)
- Chain 3, Crochet 1 Double Crochet in the same spot. Crochet 2 Double Crochets in the first and second cluster of the previous row. Crochet 2 Double Crochets between every cluster of the previous row until the end of the current row. make sure to end with 2 double crochets this time!! ( lets keep it even!!)
- Now you can continue the pattern until the desired length is obtained.
- Waffle Stitch Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- Free & Easy Crochet Hoodie Patterns
- Whip Stitch Crochet Seaming Technique
- Free Crochet Easter Basket Patterns
- What is Frogging in Crochet?
- The Best Crochet Butterfly Top Patterns
- Why is My Crochet Blanket Curving?
- The Best Free Patterns for Crochet Plants
- The 11 Best New Year’s Eve Crochet Patterns