If you landed here wondering how to do a triple crochet then you have come to the right place!
Below you will find a triple crochet video tutorial and full written pattern to help you on your way to crochet success!
How to Triple Crochet for Beginners
Below you will find the full written and video tutorials on how to triple crochet in crochet for new crocheters. This basic stitch is a tall stitch that is slightly taller than a double crochet and used in a good deal of crochet projects.
You will sometimes see the triple (treble) crochet abbreviated (TR) in patterns. Crochet abbreviations are common in most crochet patterns you will come across.
How to Triple Crochet
Skill Level: Basic
Written Triple Crochet Lesson
Triple Crochet (TR):
- Make a chain (CH) of a desired length or any #
- Yarn over (YO) twice, inert hook in the designated Stitch (ST) (the fifth chain from the hook for the first TR of a project)
- YO, draw through the stitch (four loops on the hook)
- YO, draw yarn through two loops on the hook. (three loops on the hook)
- YO, draw yarn through two loops on the hook (two loops on hook)
- YO, draw yarn through two loops on the hook
You made a Triple Crochet Stitch!
To continue: YO twice, and repeat steps 2-6 in next CH (or ST)
Triple Crochet Video Lesson
How to Triple Crochet Video
*if you have an ad-blocker on you may not be able to see the video
Free Crochet Patterns using the Triple Crochet Stitch
Take a look at a few of my favorite triple crochet stitch patterns that can all be found here on Easy Crochet.