Are you looking for a chunky crochet hat that is modern and trendy? Or maybe a hat design that is fairly quick to work up? If so, the Elise crochet hat is the perfect crochet hat pattern for you! Read on down to learn about the yarn you’ll want to use and the stitches you’ll need to know as well to make this unique hat!
The Yarn That’s Perfect for This Beanie
I designed this hat with Lion brand Wool-Ease Tonal Yarn which is a bulky two-toned color yarn that is gorgeous! Ultimately, I ended up using the Grey Marble color mainly for the incredible mixture of whites and grays throughout. But the bad news is….
As of 2020, this yarn is no longer available, so as a substitution I recommend using Hue & Me from LionBrand. It is available in a variety of different yarn colors, so you can make this hat unique to you! Plus, it is the same yarn weight, so it will yield a similar hat size to the original yarn that I used.
The Crochet Hook
I used a 9.00 mm crochet hook size to make this hat design. I prefer to work with a Tulip Brand hook or Clover Brand hook. Not only that, but I’ll link it up the Clover brand hook below, so you can check it out, but honestly any 9.00 mm crochet hook would work perfectly fine with this pattern.
Let’s not wait anymore to get started on this hat! If you have looked over the material list and stitch abbreviations, then you are good to go! Read on down for the free crochet beanie pattern, and let’s start crocheting.
Elise Crochet Hat Pattern
Skill Level: Intermediate
- Less than 1 skein or 124 yards of Lion Brand Yarn Wool Ease Tonal Yarn in Grey Marble (Color Made Easy by Lion Brand as a substitute) or any other bulky 5 yarn.
- 9 mm (M/N-13) crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- Measuring tape
- 21″ circumference by 8.5″ height. This crochet hat size will fit most teen to adult women.
- 2 sts for every 1 inch
- This pattern is written in American Standard Terms.
- The CH 1 in each round does NOT count as an ST.
- To start a new round always SL ST in to the top of the first HDC ST from the previous round.
SELLING: You may sell items made from patterns on Easy Crochet, unless otherwise stated. If you choose to sell items made from this pattern, please link back to me atwww.easycrochet.comfor credit. Please do not use my pictures to sell your items.
IMAGES & CONTENT: The images and content of EasyCrochet.com are protected by copyright laws. Do not distribute or copy the content without written permission. Do not edit or remove watermarks from any original image from easycrochet.com. If you would like to share an image, please only use 1 with a link back to Easy Crochet. Thank you for respecting my work.
TRANSLATIONS: Please do not post a translation of my pattern(s) anywhere. If you would like to help make a translation, I would be happy to publish it on Easy Crochet with a link and full credit to your blog. For further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Hat Pattern Steps
Round 1: CH 2, In 2nd CH from hook HDC 10 times, SL ST to top of first HDC. (10)
Round 2: CH 1, starting in first ST HDC 2 times in each ST around, SL ST to top of first HDC. (20)
Round 3: CH 1, SK first ST, * HDC 2 times in next ST, go back to SK ST and HDC, SK next ST, repeat from * for a total of 30 STS, SL ST to top of first HDC. (30)
Round 4: CH 1, SK first ST, *HDC in next ST, go back to SK ST and HDC, SK next ST, HDC 2 times in next ST, go back to SK ST and HDC one time, SK next ST, repeat from * , SL ST to top of first HDC. (37)
Round 5: CH 1, SK first ST, * HDC in next ST, go back to SK ST and HDC in it, SK next ST, repeat from * around ending with 1 SC in last ST, SL ST to top of first HDC. (37)
Round 6-10: Repeat round 5. (37)
Round 11: CH 1, SC in first ST, SC in every ST around, SL ST to top of first SC. (37)
Round 12: Repeat round 11. (37)
Fasten off yarn and weave in loose ends securely with yarn needle.
More Free Crochet Hat Patterns
I hope you enjoyed the Elise Crochet Hat Pattern, and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Also, if you are a fan of quick crochet hat patterns, then you may also enjoy these other free easy crochet beanie hat patterns too!
- 14 Free Crochet Beret Patterns
- Neon Rainbow Striped Crochet Hat
- 7+ Crochet Slouch Hat Patterns
- Chunky Crochet Ear Warmer Pattern
- DIY Scrunchie Crochet Pattern
- Crochet Twist Headband Pattern
- Crochet Face Mask Patterns
- Ear Warmer Headband Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Velvet Headband Pattern
- Easy Crochet Scrunchies Pattern
- Free & Easy Crochet Ear Warmer Pattern
- Leigh #HatNotHate Hat Crochet Pattern
- Williams Crochet Beanie Pattern
- Snowy Crochet Ear Warmer Pattern for Beginners
- Free Puff Crochet Headband Pattern
- Crochet Puff Stitch Beanie Pattern