Are you looking for a chunky hat design? A hat design that is fairly quick to work up? The Elise crochet hat might be for you! Read on down to learn about the yarn you’ll need, the stitches you’ll need to know and to find the free pattern!
The Yarn That’s Perfect for This Beanie
I designed this hat with Lion brand Wool-Ease Tonal Yarn which is a bulky two-toned color yarn that is extremely beautiful! Ultimately I ended up using the Grey Marble color mainly for the gorgeous mixture of whites and grays throughout. But the bad news is….
As of 2020 this yarn is no longer available so as a substitution I recommend using Color Made Easy from Lion Brand Yarn. It is available in 22 different colors so you can make it unique to you and has the same weight so it will yield a similar hat size to the original yarn that I used.
I found the Color Made Easy yarn to be soft to the touch and an overall quick yarn to crochet a project up with. You can see it worked up in my V-Stitch Blanket if you’d like to take a look at it in a bigger project. The best part? It is machine washable and dryable which means it’s perfect when I need to wash up my kids hats! So this yarn definitely gets a seal of approval from me!
I used a 9.00 mm hook since this yarn is considered a bulky 5 which is the reason this crochet hat pattern works up so fast. I prefer to work with a Boye Crochet Hook (I’ll link it up below so you can check it out) but any 9.00 mm crochet hook would work perfectly fine.
Let’s not wait anymore to get started! If you have looked over the material list and stitch abbreviations then you are good to go! Read on down for the free crochet beanie pattern and let’s start crocheting!
Elise Crochet Hat Pattern
Skill Level: Intermediate
- Less than 1 skein or 124 yards of Lion Brand Yarn Wool Ease Tonal Yarn in Grey Marble (Color Made Easy by Lion Brand as a substitute) or any other bulky 5 yarn.
- 9.00 mm crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- CH = Chain
- HDC = Half Double Crochet
- SL ST = Slip Stitch
- ST = Stich
- SC = Single Crochet
- SK = Skip
- 21″ circumference by 8.5″ height. Fits most teen to adult women
- 2 sts for every 1 inch
- This pattern is written in American Standard Terms.
- The CH 1 in each round does NOT count as an ST.
- To start a new round always SL ST in to the top of the first HDC ST from the previous round.
SELLING: You may sell items made from patterns on Easy Crochet unless otherwise stated. If you choose to sell items made from this pattern, please link back to me atwww.easycrochet.comfor credit. Please do not use my pictures to sell your items.
IMAGES & CONTENT: The images and content of EasyCrochet.com are protected by copyright laws. Do not distribute or copy the content without written permission. Do not edit or remove watermarks from any original image from easycrochet.com. If you would like to share an image, please only use 1 with a link back to Easy Crochet. Thank you for respecting my work.
TRANSLATIONS: Please do not post a translation of my pattern(s) anywhere. If you would like to help make a translation I would be happy to publish it on Easy Crochet with a link and full credit to your blog. For further questions, please email [email protected]
The Pattern Steps
Round 1: CH 2, In 2nd CH from hook HDC 10 times, SL ST to top of first HDC. (10)
Round 2: CH 1, starting in first ST HDC 2 times in each ST around, SL ST to top of first HDC. (20)
Round 3: CH 1, SK first ST, * HDC 2 times in next ST, go back to SK ST and HDC, SK next ST, repeat from * for a total of 30 STS, SL ST to top of first HDC. (30)
Round 4: CH 1, SK first ST, *HDC in next ST, go back to SK ST and HDC, SK next ST, HDC 2 times in next ST, go back to SK ST and HDC one time, SK next ST, repeat from * , SL ST to top of first HDC. (37)
Round 5: CH 1, SK first ST, * HDC in next ST, go back to SK ST and HDC in it, SK next ST, repeat from * around ending with 1 SC in last ST, SL ST to top of first HDC. (37)
Round 6-10: Repeat round 5. (37)
Round 11: CH 1, SC in first ST, SC in every ST around, SL ST to top of first SC. (37)
Round 12: Repeat round 11. (37)
Fasten off yarn and weave in loose ends securely with yarn needle.
I hope you enjoyed the Elise Crochet Hat Pattern, and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.
More Crochet Hat Patterns
If you are a fan of quick crochet hat patterns, then you may also enjoy these other free easy crochet beanie hat patterns too!
- Crochet Twist Headband Pattern
- Crochet Face Mask Patterns
- 7 Chunky Yarn Crochet Hat Patterns
- Ear Warmer Headband Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Velvet Headband Pattern
- Crochet Scrunchies Pattern Yarn Scrunchie
- Easy Crochet Ear Warmer Pattern
- Easy Crochet Hat Patterns for Beginners
- Crochet a Headband / Ear Warmer Pattern in Any Size
- Crochet Hat With Fur Pom Pom Free Pattern
- 7 Free Crochet Hat Patterns
- Leigh #HatNotHate Hat Crochet Pattern
- Crochet Floppy Bunny Ear Hat Pattern
- Pom Striped Crochet Hat Pattern
- Easy and Free Crochet Patterns for Beginners
- Simply Sweet Crochet Beanie Hat Pattern