Make this simple half double crochet ripple baby blanket with this free crochet pattern and tutorial.
Read on down to get started on your next crocheted baby blanket project!
Great Ripple Blanket to Make As a Baby Shower Gift!
I have been dreaming about designing a smaller version of my Neutral Crochet Chevron pattern and this little beauty of a ripple crochet baby blanket was the result.
This free baby ripple afghan is great for baby showers, gifts and a just because I want to make something gift. Have fun making this ripple baby blanket pattern!
The Perfect Crochet Ripple Baby Blanket Pattern
When I worked up this blanket, I wrote it to be the perfect size for a baby/stroller blanket. I would love to see it made in a different size so please do try it and share it with me! 🙂
Another great bonus about this design is that it’s such a fast baby blanket crochet pattern to work up which is always a good thing in my book!
The Yarn That’s Great for This Ripple Blanket
I love unlimited color choices with my projects, so I went straight to my favorite Lion Brand Yarn Vanna’s Choice and chose the colors, Mustard & Linen.
Most any color scheme would look great with this crochet baby blanket, so have fun and be creative with it! 🙂
Click the Yarn below to take a peek!
One of The Easiest Ripple Baby Blankets!
Like I said before this blanket works up pretty quickly! It is easily one of the fastest baby blanket patterns! I promise you can crochet this up quickly even if you are a beginner!
So, if you have been looking and looking through baby crochet patterns online then look no further! All you need is this pattern, some yarn, and your crochet hook!
Ready to Try Out This Simple Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern?
Scroll on down to find the free pattern so you can learn how to crochet a baby blanket or you can Click here to purchase an inexpensive, ad-free PDF in my pattern shop.
Free Ripple Stitch Crochet Baby Blanket
Skill Level: Easy
- Vanna’s Choice Yarn in Mustard & Linen approx. 3 skeins each (1,020 yards) or any worsted weight (4) yarn
- Size J crochet hook 6.00 mm
- Yarn needle
- ch – chain
- hdc – half double crochet
- st – stitch
- Gauge is approx. 5 st’s for every 2″. Each st is approx .5 ” in height.
- Click here to read why gauge is important to follow.
- Finished size as written is approximately a 34″ length & 28″ width.
- Add to your Ravelry library “Here“
- This pattern is written in American Standard Terms.
- To make in different sizes of this blanket, please use a multiple starting ch of 8 then add 2 to whatever length you have chosen.
- Use the blanket resizing calculator to get measurements, rows and yardage for standard blanket sizes.
- I recommend weaving in ends as you go.
- Here is a tutorial on changing colors if it is needed. Click here → “How to Change Colors in Crochet”
Foundation Row: Ch 72 + 2 with linen
Row 1: Starting in 2nd ch from hook hdc, *hdc once in each of the next 3 chs, hdc the next 2 ch’s together, hdc once in each of the next 3 ch’s, 2 hdc’s in the next ch, repeat from * until the end, turn. (73 )
Row 2: Ch 1, starting in the first st hdc, * hdc once in each of the next 3 st’s, hdc the next 2 st’s together, hdc once in each of the next 3 st’s, 2 hdc’s in the next st, repeat from * until the end, turn. ( 73)
Row 3: Change color to Mustard and repeat row 2 (73)
Row 4: Repeat row 2 (73)
Row 5: Change color to Linen and repeat row 2 (73)
Row 6: Repeat row 2 (73)
Row 7 – 34: Repeat row 2 alternating colors every 2 rows. (73)
Finishing: Fasten off and weave in loose ends throughout the ripple blanket with a yarn needle.
If you have any questions about this baby ripple crochet blanket, please feel free to send me an email! I am more than happy to help in any way possible.