Do you love shawls with pockets, or maybe just crocheted shawls in general? If that is the case, then the list below of crochet shawls with pockets would be perfect for you to make!
Take a look at this list of crocheted pocket shawls that are great for the cold season, easy to crochet and are really popular now!
What is a Pocket Shawl?
A crochet pocket shawl is a really cozy and practical piece of clothing that’s perfect for chilly weather. It’s like a regular crochet shawl, but with the added bonus of pockets! The pockets can be used to keep your hands warm, hold your phone or keys, or even stash a snack for later. And because it’s crocheted, you can choose from a wide variety of yarns and colors to make a shawl that’s uniquely yours.
It’s a great project for anyone who loves to crochet, and it makes for a thoughtful and functional gift for friends and family.
You may have heard them being called pocket scarves in your search for the perfect pocket shawl. Whatever they are called or what you prefer to call them, they all serve the same purpose, which is to keep you warm and cozy!
Crochet Stitches in Pocket Shawls
Most of these cozy shawl patterns are perfect for beginners and use basic stitches, which means you don’t have to make just one! Take a look at a few of the stitches you’ll see in the shawl patterns below.
- Insert hook into the designated st
- Yo (yarn over) and pull back through the st and through the loop on the hook.
- Wrap the yarn over (yo) the hook, insert the hook into the specified st.
- Yo the hook again, draw the yarn through the st, so there are 3 loops on the hook
- Yo the hook again draw it through 2 loops, so there are 2 loops on the hook
- Yo the hook, draw it through the final 2 loops.
- Insert hook from front to back in the second chain from the hook or designated stitch
- Bring the yarn over (Yo) the hook and pull the yarn back through the chain (or stitch) from back to front (2 loops on hook).
- Yo and pull through both loops on the hook.
- Yo (yarn over) insert hook from front to back of the designated stitch, yo the hook and pick up a loop.
- Yo the hook and pull back through all three loops on the hook.
Since they all use simple stitches, then all these easy crochet pocket shawls are worth trying, even if you are a newer crocheter.
Pocket Shawl Free Crochet Patterns
Take a look below to access the free shawl patterns. As a bonus, some designers will include an ad- free PDF pattern that is available to purchase for on the go shawl crocheting.
Regardless, the shawl patterns are FREE for those who’d rather have the free crochet pattern, but they will have to be viewed on each individual designer’s page.
All the shawl patterns were free at the time of the original posting. If you find a pattern that is no longer free, please let me know kindly. Thank you!
Enjoy and happy crocheting!
Free Crochet Pocket Shawl Pattern
With just a few simple stitches, you can crochet this color blocked pocket shawl. It uses a medium weight yarn that is easy to find and is extra cozy. Get the free pocket shawl pattern below to get started!
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft
Designer: Easy Crochet
Hooded Pocket Shawl Pattern
This free pocket shawl pattern not only has pockets, but also a hood! This beginner-friendly shawl pattern takes you through each part of the pattern and uses only basic crochet stitches! If you are looking for a quick to make pattern, this one is it.
Yarn: Feels Like Butta
Designer: Lovable Loops
Velvet Soft Pocket Shawl
When you combine extra soft yarn with a great pocket shawl pattern, you have the ultimate cozy design! Not only is there a free pattern, but Sarah the designer also offers a PDF version of this pocket shawl if you prefer!
Yarn: Bernat Velvet
Designer: Rich Textures Crochet
Colorful Pocket Shawl Scarf Pattern
Like the designer mentions, you can use this pockets in this scarf to hold your crochet or knit projects even while you are on the go! It uses colorful Mandala Tweed yarn, so you can have the color that is perfect for you!
Yarn: Mandala Tweed
Designer:The Loopy Lamb
Textured Pocketed Scarf Pattern
This oh so cozy textured pocket shawl has big pockets and a hood too! It also has a diagram to help with placement of pockets and measurements, plus is well written, so you’ll make a perfect pocket shawl every time!
Yarn: Any Four Weight Yarn
Designer: Nana’s Crafty Home
Granny Pocket Shawl Pattern
Learn how to crochet a pocket shawl with granny square pockets. This shawl design is easy to make, and the colors are just stunning too!
Yarn: Vanna’s Choice
Designer: The Pixie Creates
More Free Crochet Scarf Patterns
- Extra Long Summer Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Mint Green Fall Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Andi Crochet Infinity Scarf Pattern
- Chunky Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Free Crochet Pattern Hooded Cowl
- Chunky Cozy Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Chunky Crochet Cowl Pattern
- Color Blocked Infinity Scarf Free Crochet Pattern
- 5 Easy Beginner Crochet Scarf Patterns
- Crochet Scrap Scarf Pattern
- Crochet Puff Stitch Scarf
- Oversized Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Button Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Fantastic Fall Scarf a Free Crochet Pattern
- Andy Button Chunky Cowl Pattern
- Forever Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Textured Cowl – Crochet Pattern
- CUELLO CARA – Patrón de crochet gratis
- Gracelyn Crochet Scarf with Fringe Pattern
- Simple Striped Granny Scarf Crochet Pattern
- Pretty in Pink Crochet Scarf
- Ombre Triangle Wrap Crochet Pattern