This crochet chunky infinity scarf pattern made with bulky yarn is so easy to crochet and will keep you warm all winter long!
If you love easy crochet patterns, then this one is for you! Scroll on down to get started crocheting this simple chunky cowl which is not only great for beginners but those who just want a quick project as well.
I chose this bright yellow color because I am from Pittsburgh. I mean what other colors would I pick? 🙂
If you’d like to make your very own chunky crochet infinity scarf then read on down to find the full pattern!
This Chunky Infinity Scarf is Perfect for Beginners
This infinity scarf design was made with beginners in mind and would be a great first project!
The whole easy crochet pattern uses only a double crochet stitch and works in the round. If you haven’t worked in the round yet, do not worry!
Difficulty Level: Easy
Learn this stitch →
As a bonus, this scarf can be finished up in about an hour because of the squishy, soft Bernat Mega Bulky Yarn!
Seriously, just one hour and it’s ready to wear out the door! If you can’t find this yarn, then I suggest using Lion Brand Yarn Thick & Quick as a great replacement.
Wool-Ease Thick and Quick
If you are ready to make this simple and free chunky crochet infinity scarf then scroll down to get started with this free crochet pattern.
Happy Crocheting Friends!
Chunky Infinity Crochet Scarf Pattern
Skill Level: Easy
- 2 Balls of Bernat Mega Bulky Yarn in Gold or any super bulky 6 yarn
- Size P Crochet Hook 15 mm
- Yarn Needle
- Gauge is 5 double crochets for every 4 inches.
- Slip stitches do not count as a chain (do not double crochet into the slip stitches)
- Do not double crochet or slip stitch into the chain 3 of every round!
- You will need to crochet loosely with this yarn, if you crochet tightly it will end up very heavy and stiff.
- Written in Standard US Terms.
The Easy Chunky Infinity Scarf Pattern
TO START: Chain 42, join with a slip stitch to the first chain to form a circle. (Make sure not to twist the chain!)
ROUND 1: Chain 3, starting in 4th chain from the hook double crochet, double crochet in every chain around, slip stitch to top of the first double crochet of the round.
ROUND 2: Chain 3, starting in first stitch double crochet, double crochet in each stitch around, slip stitch to the top of the first double crochet of the round.
ROUND 3-7: Repeat Round 2 for a total of 5 more rounds.
Fasten off and weave in loose ends with a yarn needle.
Finished Size is approximately a 36-inch circumference and 9-inch width.
YOU ARE DONE!!!
If you would like to make more crocheted scarves, then check out my Striped Multi-Colored Scarf Pattern
Or my Tunisian Cowl Pattern.
I hope you enjoyed this Chunky Crochet Cowl pattern and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
Want to Stay Connected? Join me on Pinterest to know when all my patterns are released.
More Free Crochet Scarf & Cowl Patterns
- Easy Crochet Winter Scarf Pattern
- 7 Cozy Fall Crochet Scarf Patterns You’ll Love
- 13 Lacy Crochet Scarf Patterns
- Waffle Stitch Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Textured Cowl Scarf Crochet Pattern
- The Best Crochet Collar Patterns
- Textured Crochet Neck Warmer Pattern
- Josie Chunky Crochet Scarf Pattern
- 6 Cozy Crochet Pocket Shawl Patterns You’ll Love
- Ombre Crochet Neck Warmer Pattern