Pretty in Pink Crochet Scarf
Easy Crochet Scarf Pattern
If you love chunky crochet scarf patterns (and cozy) then this one is for you. The best part? The whole pattern is worked up with just a three-row stitch repeat, which makes it work up fast. While this isn’t technically a beginner crochet scarf, if you can get the first 3 rows, I don’t see why a beginner couldn’t get the hang of it. For that reason, I think all levels of crocheters will love this pattern and be able to complete it! Yay, to fun patterns!
Read on down to get the instructions to make this free pretty in pink scarf pattern, or purchase the ready to print PDF version of this design. Happy Crocheting!
The Yarn That is Perfect for This Pink Scarf!
For this entire design, I held two skeins of the Feels like Butta Yarn from Lion Brand Yarn in Dusty Pink together. I wanted to double up on this yarn because I was trying a tad more coziness to this already soft yarn! It is pretty amazing!
This yarn is so soft and feels great against the skin! You will definitely have no scratchiness or irritation with this crochet scarf because it is one of the softest yarns from Lion Brand.
Looking for a substitute yarn?
If you can’t find this particular yarn any worsted weight 4 yarn will work. I will link up a few below for you to look at such as Vanna’s Choice, Baby Soft and Basic Stitch all of which are from Lion Brand.
Ready to Start the Chunky Scarf Pattern?
If you are ready to get started on this easy crochet scarf then read on down to find the full free pattern or click the button below to get the PDF version that is ad free.
Thank you for supporting Easy Crochet and loving crochet as much as I do!
Pretty in Pink Chunky Scarf Pattern Video Tutorial
If you have an ad blocker installed, you may not be able to view the video. Disable it and refresh to view the scarf stitch tutorial.
A video tutorial on YouTube will show you how to work up the stitches used. *if you have an ad-blocker installed you may not be able to see the video above
Pretty in Pink Crochet Scarf Pattern
Skill Level: Intermediate
- 4 skeins of Feels Like Butta Yarn < 800 yards In Dusty Pink and 1 skein of Feels Like Butta Yarn < 200 yards in White or any four medium weight yarn.
- J 6.00 mm crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- 57″ long & 10″ in width
- Gauge is 10 st’s in 4″ (inches)
- sc = single crochet
- ch = chain
- dc = double crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- sk = skip
- st(s) = stitch (es)
- yo = yarn over
- To change the size of this scarf, use a starting chain in a multiple of 3 + 5 chains
- Written in standard US terms
- Dc puff stitch video tutorial
- The entire pattern is worked holding TWO skeins of yarn together at the same time.
How to Make a Double Crochet Puff Stitch
- yo, pull up loop through st (3 loops on hook)
- yo, pull through 2 loops. (2 loops on hook)
- yo, pull up a loop through st (4 loops on hook)
- yo, pull through 2 loops. (3 loops on hook)
- yo, pull up a loop through st. (5 loops on hook)
- yo, pull through 2 loops. (4 loops on hook)
- yo pull through all 4 loops on hook, then hdc in the stitch.
- how the hdc, dc puff stitch, hdc cluster will look
Chunky Crochet Scarf Pattern Steps
Hold two skeins of yarn together for the entire pattern
- Foundation Row: Ch 26
- Row 1: Sc in every ch across (25)
- Row 2: Ch 3, in first st dc, *sk 2 sts, 3 dc’s in the next st, sk 2 sts, (hdc,dc puff stitch,hdc) in next st, repeat from * across ending with 2 sk sts and 2 dcs in the last st. (24)
- Row 3: Ch 1, sc in every st across including the top of the turning ch from the row before. (25)
- Row 4: Ch 3, in first st dc, *sk 2 sts, (hdc,dc puff stitch,hdc) in next st, sk 2 sts, 3 dc’s in next st, repeat from * across ending with 2 sk sts and 2 dcs in the last st. (24)
- Row 5: Repeat row 3
- Row 6 -83: Repeat rows 2-5
- Row 84: Repeat row 2
- Row 85: Repeat row 3
- Finishing: Fasten off yarn and cut with scissors. Weave in loose ends throughout with a yarn needle.
You Are Done!
Finally, you are done with your cozy scarf! Now you will just need to add the fringe after you are done with the main part of this scarf.
One of the great things about this design is that it also looks pretty good without the fringe too so if you prefer to be fringe-less then go right ahead!
If you’d like to add the fringe, you can follow along with my YouTube tutorial or look through a how to add fringe picture tutorial post too. I cut 26 12′ pieces of each color of yarn to make the fringe for each side.
You will also need to use 4 pieces (2 of white, 2 of dusty pink) to make the fringe and make sure to evenly space out 13 spaces along the two bottoms of the scarf.
More Free Crochet Scarf Patterns
- Waffle Stitch Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Textured Crochet Neck Warmer Pattern
- Josie Chunky Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Crochet Pocket Shawl Patterns
- Ombre Crochet Neck Warmer Pattern
- Williams Puff Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Crochet Scarves to Make for Christmas
- 20 Free & Easy Crochet Scarf Patterns to Make for Beginners
- Crochet Griddle Stitch Scarf Pattern
- The Best Crochet Stitches for Scarves
- Free Ombre Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Bobble Stitch Crochet Scarf Pattern
Love the pink scarf! Thank you for sharing all your beautiful designs!
Have a great weekend!
Thanks Mona! I’m glad you like it! Hope you have a great weekend too! 🙂