Are you looking for a beautifully textured crochet baby blanket?
The Finley crocheted baby blanket is the blanket for you! This blanket uses only two basic stitches and works up fast! Plus, the best part is that it can be made in four different baby blanket sizes. Sound good?
If so, read on down to learn about the yarn I used plus the two easy stitches, so you can make this easy baby blanket! Learn more below about the yarn, stitches and sizes you can make the Finely baby blanket in!
Enjoy + Happy Crocheting!
I knew I wanted a soft yarn to be used for this baby design. Since this blanket is going to be next to babies skin, the yarn needed to be cozy. Immediately Heartland Yarn from Lion Brand came to mind! It is a velvety 100% acrylic yarn with drape which is perfect for blankets.
Take a look at the yarn below and check out all the amazing colors you can make your new blanket in. Click the image to see. You won’t be disappointed.
Plus, it is machine washable and dryable which is perfect for blankets that will more than likely need to be washed frequently.
This blanket uses only two simple beginner-friendly crochet stitches. You will need to know how to single crochet and double crochet. That’s it!
The pattern is worked in a simple repeat of one row of single crochets and then a row of alternating half double crochets and single crochets. The hdc and sc combination create a texture and unique look that looks way more complicated than it is!
If you’d like a refresher, take a peek at the links below that have tutorials and videos for both stitches.
Once you feel confident about the stitches, then you can start on the free patterns below!
As I previously mentioned, this baby blanket can be made in four different sizes.
- Lovey: 12″ x 12“
- Stroller: 35″ x 32“
- Receiving: 40″ x 40“
- Baby: 52″ x 44″
I have the complete yardage and number of skeins you’ll need to make each size below here on the blog as a free pattern. If you’d prefer, you can get the ad-free PDF in the Easy Crochet shop or in my Etsy shop as well. If you’d like to make it in a different size, you can always use our blanket resizing calculator.
Enjoy this easy baby blanket pattern and happy blanket making!
The Finley Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
Skill Level: Easy
- Lion Brand’s Heartland Yarn in Grand Canyon or any medium weight #4 yarn (see chart for exact yardage)
- Size H crochet hook 5 mm
- Yarn needle
- Measuring tape
- 15 sts x 15 rows = 4″ x 4″
- The gauge pattern is ch 16 and follow pattern as written
- hdc = half double crochet
- sc = single crochet
- st = stitch
- ch = chain
- This pattern is written in standard US terms
Finished Blanket Sizes & Yardage
- If you’d like to make a custom size blanket, work an even number starting ch
- See chart for standard finished sizes & yardage needed
- Skein used was the 5 oz & 251 yard size.
|Starting Chs||Rows||Total Yardage||Total Skeins|
The Free Pattern
Get the PDF version in our pattern shop.
To Start: Ch 46 (120, 150, 166)
Sizes available are Lovey, Stroller, Receiving and Baby (see chart)
Row 1: In the second ch from the hook sc, sc into each ch across, turn. 45 (119, 149, 165)
Row 2: Ch 1, in the first st hdc, sc into the next st, *hdc into the next, sc into the next st, rep from * across ending with 1 hdc in last st, turn.
Row 3: Ch 1, in the first st sc, sc into every st across, turn.
Row 4 to (see chart) : Rep rows 2 & 3
Finishing: Fasten off and weave in loose ends throughout blanket
You are done!
Finley Baby Blanket Video Tutorial
**If you have an ad-blocker installed you may not be able to see the video. Please disable the video to see the stitch tutorial.
I hope you enjoyed this free baby blanket pattern! If you have any questions please feel free to join the Easy Crochet Community on Facebook.
More Free Crochet Baby Patterns
- Granny Stitch Ripple Blanket Baby Pattern
- The Finley: An Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Classic Crochet Patterns for Baby Booties
- “The Riley” an Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Free Crochet Lovey Pattern Baby Blanket
- 11+ Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- Modern Granny Stitch Crochet Baby Blanket
- Single Stitch Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Free Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns (Easy to Make)
- 14+ Crochet Baby Blankets Free Patterns
- Two Triangle Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Simple Stitch Crochet Baby Blanket
- 5 Easy Blanket Patterns for Baby using Vanna’s Choice Yarn