This easy crochet potholder pattern is perfect for those looking to add something homemade to a kitchen-themed gift basket, or simply a quick project to do while watching TV.
This simple crochet pattern works up quick, and is the perfect size for small-to-medium pots and pans.
These crochet potholders are easy to customize to any decor and will add some DIY style to your kitchen space. Potholders are an easy way to spruce up a kitchen.
But of course, this makes a great hot pad and not just a decoration. These hot pads help keep your counters safe when you need to place hot items on top.
Other Crochet Potholder Patterns
I also have a simple square crochet potholder that uses similar yarn, but creates a square version. Unfortunately, neither of these two patterns create a double thick crochet potholder, but I’ll try to show how that can be done in a later post.
However, both patterns do create a sort of thermal stitch, which leaves very little openings between the individual stitches. This extra yarn will help protect your counters even more.
The Perfect Yarn for Crochet Potholders
Cotton yarn is a must-use for any kitchen crochet project! It holds up well and can be washed over and over! I love using cotton yarn not only for crochet potholders, but also for dishcloths and more!
I used Lily Sugar ‘n Cream Cotton Yarn, but any cotton yarn would work great too! You won’t be disappointed in all the colors that are available to pick from. Have fun with it!
Lily Sugar’n Cream
Easy Crochet Pot Holder Pattern
Skill Level: Easy
- 3 colors of Lily Sugar Cream Cotton Yarn or any medium weight (4) cotton yarn
- Size H 5 mm crochet hook
- Yarn needle
Crochet Stitches Used
- If you need some help to change yarn colors in crochet, a simple tutorial can be found on the blog.
- This free crochet pattern is written in standard US terms.
Round Crochet Pot Holder Pattern Steps
Round 1: With 1st color, make a Magic Circle, then Chain 1.
Round 2: 10 Single Crochets in Ring, Slip Stitch to Top of Chain 1.
Round 3: Chain 2, Double Crochet in the first stitch. 2 Double Crochets in every stitch around. Slip Stitch to top of first Double Crochet.
Round 4: Repeat Round 3.
Round 5: Change to 2nd Color. Chain 2. * 2 Double Crochets in the first stitch, 1 Double Crochet in next stitch. Repeat from * Around. Slip Stitch to the top of the First Double Crochet.
Round 6: Change to 3rd Color. Chain 1, Single Crochet in the first stitch and in every stitch around. Slip Stitch to top of first Single Crochet. Chain 14. Slip Stitch into the same stitch as before. Fasten off.
Finishing: Weave in loose ends throughout with a yarn needle.
If you require any further assistance about this round crochet potholder pattern, please feel free to ask!
More Free Crochet Patterns for The Kitchen and Home
If you enjoyed this free pattern, you may also like these other home and kitchen crochet patterns too!
- 10 Easy Crochet Beginner Washcloth Patterns
- 5 Easy and Free Bathroom Crochet Patterns to Make this Spring
- Fall Apple Crochet Coaster
- Cozy Up Your Home with Crochet Fall Decor (All Free Patterns)
- Top 5 Crochet Fall Coaster Patterns
- 25+ Free Crochet Bookmark Patterns for Bookworms
- Top 20 Free Easy Crochet Dishcloth Patterns You’ll Love
- Easy Crochet Hot Pads with Handles
- 17 Crochet Garland Patterns for Every Season
- 27 Free Crochet Keychain Patterns You’ll Love
- Scrubby Yarn Crochet Patterns
- Waffle Stitch Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- 17 Best Mandala Crochet Patterns