If you are looking for a cozy crocheted bath mat that you can easily make, then you’ll love this pattern.
It works up quickly, uses simple stitches and will add the perfect homemade touch to a bathroom!
I can’t wait for you to make this simple crochet bath mat! Read on down to get started!
Beginner Crochet Bath Mat
This bath mat is perfect for beginner crocheters because the whole crochet pattern uses just single crochets, which means its easy to work up. If you can single crochet then this you can make this mat. I wrote all about single crochets in a previous post if you’d like a reminder of how to’s of the stitch. Let’s talk about the yarn next!
The Yarn To Use For a Crochet Bath Mat
When considering making a crochet bath mat you need yarn that holds up well to constant use and water. For this particular, bath mat pattern I used three different kinds of yarn.
The Terry Spun yarn almost gives the mat a fleece like fuzzy feel, which is perfect for your feet.
How to Crochet a Fuzzy BathMat
To get the fuzzy feel of a bath rug, I used three skeins of yarn (I mentioned that before) and held them all together simultaneously. So, I crocheted single crochets while holding all THREE skeins of yarn together at once.
This technique is super easy to achieve, and you crochet like usual, but it almost feels like you are using a bulky yarn because of how many skeins you are holding.
Take peek at the picture below to see what I mean.
Make a Non-slip Crochet Bath Rug
To make my crochet bath rug non-slip, I added some grip liner I got from the dollar store! I cut off long rectangular pieces and sewed them to the bottom of the mat using a large yarn needle and some yarn.
This part is optional, but I feel like it would be beneficial to add this for safety.
If you are ready to start on your new crocheted bath mat, then read on down for the full free crochet pattern and…
Free Crochet Bath Mat Pattern
Skill Level: Basic
- Yarn less than a skein of yarn per color for size written below
Terry Spun by Lion Brand – Ice
Feels like Butta by Lion Brand – Pale Grey
Feels like Butta by Lion Brand – White
or any worsted weight 4 yarn
- Crochet hook H 5.0 mm
- Large yarn needle
- Non slip grip liner
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- rep = repeat
- st = stitch
- Hold all three skeins of yarn together at the same time
- Gauge is not important
- Change the size my chaining any # to begin
- Finished Size as written below is 24″ L X 17″ W
- Written in Standard US terms
The Bath Mat Pattern
Hold all three skeins of yarn together and work the entire pattern.
To start: ch 35
Row 1: in the second ch from the hook sc, sc in every ch across, turn. (34)
Row 2: ch 1, sc into the first st, sc in every st across, turn. (34)
Row 3 – 56: rep row 2
To finish: fasten off the yarns and weave in the loose ends with a large yarn needle
Cut the non-slip liner with scissors into long rectangular pieces, attach with yarn and a yarn needle to the bottom of the rug.
You are done!
Now you are ready to use your new crocheted bath mat! Put in your bathroom and be sure to tell everyone that you made it yourself too! 🙂
More Free Crochet Patterns
- Must Make Crochet Steering Wheel Covers
- Patterns for Crochet Curtains
- Beginner Crochet Washcloth Pattern
- Crochet Makeup Remover Pad Pattern
- How to Crochet a Star
- Simple Crochet Coin Purse Pattern
- Tunisian Crochet Body Pillow Pattern
- State of Pennsylvania Crochet Pattern
- Top 15 Christmas Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Gingerbread Man Pattern
- Mini Crochet Bow Pattern
- Crochet Spike Stitch Dishcloth Pattern
- Free Crochet Soap Cozy Pattern
- How to Crochet a Bath Mat
- The Best Crochet PotHolder Pattern
- Crochet Washcloths for Last-Minute Gifts
- Crochet Bobble Pillow Cover Pattern