This large crochet doily pattern is a simple design that’s easy to crochet and works up fairly quick!
If you are ready to make this fun piece, then read on down to find the full free pattern to make some crochet doilies!
I hope you enjoy this doily pattern.
The Yarn That’s Perfect for This Doily
For this entire doily, you will need to use approximately 180 yards of cotton worsted weight yarn. I went with the Yarnspirations brand, Lily Sugar’n Cream in Soft Ecru.
It is a soft yarn that works up beautifully and is washable! Which is always a must for this momma!
This Doily Looks Great in The Home!
As well as being an easy crochet project, it makes a fantastic statement piece for your home.
It would look great in the center of a coffee table or even on top of an entry table!
Ready To Get Started?
Keep on scrolling down to get the FREE doily crochet pattern! I hope you will love this finished piece of artwork as much as I do!
Free Crochet Doily Pattern
Skill Level: Intermediate
- 180 yards of Cotton yarn (4) I used Yarnspirations Lily Sugar’n Cream in Soft Ecru
- Size H crochet hook 5.00 mm
- Yarn needle
- dc = double crochet
- sl st = slip stitch
- sc = single crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- ch = chain
- yo = yarn over
- sk = skip
- st(s) = stitch(es)
16″ x 16″ at the widest points
This pattern was not tested by anyone other than me so if you encounter errors please let me know.
- You MAY sell items made from this pattern. If you choose to sell items made from this pattern, please link back to me at Easy Crochet for credit. Do not use my photos to sell any of your crochet pieces. Thank you for respecting my work.
- Ch’s at the beginning of the rounds do not count as st(s)
- Written in standard US terms
- If you’d prefer to use a seamless join, follow along with this tutorial.
- The video tutorial is below the written pattern.
The Free Doily Crochet Pattern
Round 1: ch 4, 15 dc in 4th ch from hook, sl st to top of first dc. (15)
Round 2: ch 3, 2 dc’s in each st around, sl st to top of first dc. (30)
Round 3: ch 3, starting in the first st * 1 dc, 2 dc’s in next st, repeat from * around, sl st to top of first dc. (45)
Round 4: ch 4, sk the first st, *yo, pickup a loop in next st, yo, pick up a loop in the next st, yo pick up a loop in the next st, yo, pull through the 7 loops on the hook (triangle formed) , ch 2, yo, pick up a loop in same st you just finished working in, yo, pick up a loop in the next st, yo, pick up a loop in the next st, yo, pull through the 7 loops on the hook, ch 2, repeat from * around until 1 st remains ending with a pull through 7 loops, ch 1 and 1 hdc in last st to finish the round, sl st to top of the ch 4. (62)
Round 5: ch 1, 2 sc around the space before the first triangle, * 3 sc in next ch 2 space, repeat from * around, sl st to top of first sc. (65)
Round 6: repeat round 4 (94)
Round 7: repeat round 5 (95)
Round 8: ch 3, dc in 1st st, and in every st around, sl st to top of first dc. (95)
Round 9: repeat round 4 (138)
Round 10: repeat round 5 (140)
Round 11: repeat round 8 (140)
Round 12: ch 3, sk the first st, * 3 dc in next st, sk 2 sts, repeat from * around, end with 2 sk sts, and 2 dc’s in last st, sl st to top of first dc. (140)
Finishing: weave in loose ends with yarn needle securely.
Crochet Doily Video Tutorial
The video shows how to make rounds 4 and 5 of the pattern! Enjoy!
If you have an ad blocker on, you may not be able to see the video. Turn it off and try again.
You Are Done!
I hope you enjoyed this free crochet doily pattern. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! I am more than happy to assist in any way possible.
Follow Along With Us!
- Fall Apple Crochet Coaster
- Cozy Up Your Home with Crochet Fall Decor (All Free Patterns)
- Top 5 Crochet Fall Coaster Patterns
- 18 Crochet Bookmark Patterns for Bookworms
- 20 Easy Crochet Dishcloth Patterns: All Free
- Easy Crochet Hot Pads with Handles
- 17 Crochet Garland Patterns
- 20 Quick & Cute Patterns: Free Crochet Keychain Patterns You’ll Love
- Scrubby Yarn Crochet Patterns
- Waffle Stitch Crochet Dishcloth Pattern