Are you looking for a unique and modern design? This crochet scarf using bobbles will be it! Learn how to make this simple bobble scarf crochet pattern with the FREE tutorial below.
If you are looking for even more free crochet scarf patterns, I can help! Explore the Easy Crochet crochet database for access to over 300 free patterns! I am so excited for you to check out this new design!
How to Crochet a Scarf With Bobbles
This scarf is made using only two crochet stitches! If you can single crochet and do a bobble stitch which I’ll explain below, then you can make this design. I have a written tutorial that you can reference on both stitches, which I will explain below.
Bobble Stitch (BO):
- *Yarn over (YO) the hook and pick up a loop in the stitch
- YO the hook and pull it back through two loops
- Repeat from * 5 times in the same stitch
- To finish YO and pull back through all six loops on the hook.
- Learn more about the bobble crochet stitch.
Single Crochet (SC):
- Insert hook from front to back in the center of the second chain from the hook.
- Bring the yarn over (YO) the hook and pull the yarn back through the chain from back to front (2 loops on hook).
- YO and pull through both loops on the hook.
- Learn more about the single crochet stitch.
The Yarn That is Perfect for This Easy Crochet Scarf
This scarf is made with a unique new yarn called Crayola™ Cake Yarn from Lion Brand! It is a yarn that changes color flawlessly – think ombre’ and has some pretty amazing color palettes to choose from when deciding on a color scheme!
I decided to use the colorway Timberwolf, which is a lovely blend of muted tones such as gray, cream, and white. My favorites! The whole scarf takes a little less than two cakes of this yarn so you will even have a little left over to make something small after you’re done.
Shop Crayola (TM) yarn directly from lionbrand.com to see all the available color options.
Now that we went over the stitches and the yarn you’ll need for this bobble scarf you can read on down to get started on the free pattern! Enjoy.
The Bobble Crochet Scarf Pattern
Skill Level: Easy
- I 5.5 mm crochet hook
- Crayola™ Cakes Yarn < 2 cakes or 354 yards of medium four weight yarn
- Yarn needle
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- bo = bobble
- st = stitch
- 68″ long X 9″ width
- Written in Standard US terms.
- Proper gauge is recommended to get the same look & size
Row 1: Ch 30, in second ch sc, sc in every ch across, turn. (29)
Row 2: Ch 1, sc into first st, sc, bo, sc once into next 23 st’s, bo, sc, sc, turn. (29)
Row 3: Ch 1, sc into each st across, turn. (29)
Row 4: Ch 1, sc into first st, sc, bo, sc once into the next 21 st’s, bobble, sc, sc, sc, turn. (29)
Row 5: repeat row 3.
Row 6: Ch 1, sc into first st, sc, sc, bo, sc once into the next 19 st’s, bobble, sc, sc, sc, sc, turn. (29)
Row 7: repeat row 3.
Row 8: Ch 1, sc into first st, sc, sc, sc, bobble, sc once into the next 19 st’s, bobble, sc, sc, sc, sc, turn. (29)
Row 9: repeat row 3.
Row 10: Ch 1, sc into first st, sc, sc, sc, sc, bobble, sc once into the next 17 st’s, bobble, sc, sc, sc, sc, sc, turn. (29)
Row 11: repeat row 3.
Row 12: Ch 1, sc into first st, sc, sc, sc, sc, sc, bobble, sc once into the next 15 st’s, bobble, sc, sc, sc, sc, sc, sc, turn. (29)
Row 13: Repeat row 3.
Row 14: Repeat row 10.
Row 15: Repeat row 3.
Row 16: Repeat row 8.
Row 17: Repeat row 3.
Row 18: Repeat row 6.
Row 19: Repeat row 3
Row 20: Repeat row 4
Row 21: Repeat row 3
Row 22-168: Repeat row 2 – 21 for the remainder of the pattern until you reach row 168.
Row 169: Repeat row 2
Row 170: Repeat row 3
Finishing: Fasten off the yarn, cut with scissors and weave in the loose ends throughout the scarf securely with a yarn needle.
More Free Crochet Scarf Patterns
- 20 Crochet Infinity Scarf Patterns for Beginners
- Half Double Crochet Infinity Scarf Pattern
- 18 Easy Crochet Scarf Patterns
- Crochet Griddle Stitch Scarf Pattern
- Crochet Stitches for Scarves
- Free Ombre Crochet Scarf Pattern
- The Charlie Easy Crochet Infinity Scarf
- Bobble Stitch Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Fabulously Fall Crochet Fringe Scarf
- Adjustable Crochet Scarf Free Pattern
- Chevron Scarf Crochet Pattern
- How to Crochet a Scarf for Beginners
- 5 Free Quick and Easy Crochet Scarf Patterns