If you love crocheting amigurumi, then you will love this roundup of cat amigurumi patterns! This collection of cute crochet cat patterns would all make a great gift for the cat lover or cat-loving friend in your life!
Most of these patterns are easy to crochet, with a few advanced skill levels mixed in. Be sure to look at the skill level of each amigurumi cat pattern before you begin.
Materials for Easy Crochet Cat Patterns
- Stitch Marker: This crochet tool is used to keep track of stitches in projects.
- Nose: Pink nose or black nose are the most common ones used
- Safety Eyes: These are plastic eyes that are great for amigurumi patterns. If you’d prefer to use yarn for eyes by surface crocheting. (scrap yarn is great for this!)
- Yarn Needle
- Pipe Cleaner: A pipe cleaner is sometimes used inside amigurumi to make moveable parts or make them more stiff. For example, you would use one in a cat tail to make it stay put.
- Worsted Weight Yarn: This yarn weight is the most commonly used, but in some cases you will see a bulkier yarn or lighter weight yarn used in amigurumi.
- Crochet Hook: The hook size need for each pattern will vary. Some of these cat patterns may call for regular hooks or even steel crochet hooks.
Common Crochet Stitches + Techniques used in Amigurumi
Most amigurumi patterns use basic crochet stitches and are easy to get the hang of. Take a peek at a few of the common ones used below.
- Single Crochet (sc): Learn how to single crochet and all about the sc stitch.
- Slip Stitch (sl st): The sl st is an easy crochet technique is a beginner level stitch and quick to learn.
- Magic Ring: This technique is sometimes also referred to as the magic circle. It is an easy way to start working in the round that makes a seamless start.
- Invisible Decrease: An invisible decrease is a way to make a count smaller, like joining to stitches together.
Favorite Yarns for Amigurumi
Amigurumi can be made with all different types of yarns and yarn weights. If you are crocheting a tiny amigurumi pattern, you will use thread and a steel hook. Below are a few of my favorite bigger yarns to use when making amigurumi patterns. Be sure to take a look at each yarn below, so you can find the perfect yarn for your new amigurumi cat pattern.
- Vanna’s Choice: This is a medium weight yarn from Lion Brand. The yarn colors in this line are great for amigurumi since there is such a big variety.
- Brava Worsted: We Crochet and Knit Picks hit it out of the park with this wonderful yarn! This four weight yarn is inexpensive and has a HUGE color range, so you’ll always be able to pick the right color yarn for any project.
- Super Saver: This four weight yarn from Red Heart is a crocheter favorite since it is easy to find, doesn’t cost much and has a big variety of colors!
- Pound of Love: You’ll LOVE the fact that you get a whooping 16oz of yarn for a great price from Lion Brand, so you can get more projects out of just one skein of yarn.
The Top Crochet Cat Patterns
Take a look below at the best crocheted cat and kitty patterns that I could find on the internet. This is a collection of paid cat patterns followed by a collection of free cat patterns! Enjoy and happy cat crocheting!
Paid Crochet Cat Patterns
Fuzzy Black Cat Pattern
This lovable and fuzzy cat design is on Etsy, plus it is available in 3 different languages.
According to the designer, it is a 16-page pattern with lots of photos to follow along with. You can also buy a crochet cat amigurumi kit that comes with all the materials you need to make this pattern that looks like real cats!
Sleeping Tabby Cat Pattern
This bestselling pattern on ETSY is easy to crochet and oh so adorable! This striped kitty pattern is available in three languages and is 16 pages long.
According to the designer, there are 71 + helpful photos to help you finish crocheting this cute cat.
Realistic Crochet Cat Pattern
Use this detailed PDF pattern from Etsy to create an adorable cat / kitten amigurumi design.
If you follow along with the pattern and use the recommended yarn, your cat will be 5.1 inches high. Get the cat pattern below on Etsy.
Tiny Crochet Cat Pattern
You’ll fall in love with this adorable small tuxedo cat! This pattern on Etsy is available and comes with 9 detailed pages to follow.
Shop the little cat PDF below to get started as soon as possible on this great pattern!
Free Crochet Cat Patterns
Mermaid Crochet Cat Pattern
This free cat mermaid pattern from Hooked by Robin is so creative and a great gift for a little boy or little girl who love mermaids and mermen!
Use her step-by-step photos to guide along the pattern to create this beautiful crocheted amigurumi cat!
Itty Bitty Crochet Cat Pattern
This free crochet cat pattern from Thoresby Cottage will show you how to crochet a cat stuffed animal. This amigurumi design is adorable and has great photos accompanying it.
The designer has the pattern written, so you can make a smaller cat and a larger cat pattern if you wish.
Simple Crochet Cat Pattern
This simple and free crochet cat pattern by Hooked on Patterns is worked in continuous rounds and uses basic stitches. You will need to use a stitch marker to keep track of the number of stitches when reading along with the pattern.
Follow along with the designers step-by-step photo instructions to make this crocheted cat in no time! Get the free crochet cat pattern below!
Adorable Crochet Kitten in Four Sizes
This extra cute kitty design by Crafty Bun Bun is available to crochet in four different cat sizes! Pick from a large, medium, small or tiny sized kitty!
Follow along with this pattern that has lots of clear photo instructions to make these crocheted cube kitties! I think my favorite is the tiny crochet cat!
More Free Crochet Cat Patterns
Here are some extra crochet cat patterns for hats, home decor and more that you may like too!
- Black Cat Crochet Hat Pattern: Free hat pattern from Persia Lou.
- Crochet Cat Butt Coasters: Free PDF pattern on Ravelry.
- Crochet Cat Bed: Free Pattern from Yarn & Chai.
The Latest Free Crochet Patterns from Easy Crochet
- The Top Easy Crochet Washcloth Patterns to Make
- Axolotl Crochet Pattern Collection
- How To Crochet The Moss Stitch – A Step-by-Step Guide!
- How to Crochet a Granny Stitch in Rows
- All About Making Crochet Pillow Covers
- How to Make a Crochet Rib Stitch (Photo Tutorial)
- Easy Crochet Animal Patterns (All Free!)
- Crochet Fringe Edging (With Chains!)