Are you looking for a quick baby blanket pattern? If so, this pebble stitch blanket pattern is for you! Promise!
I love designing crochet blanket patterns like this Stoney Pebbles Crochet Baby Blanket! Simple is perfect! Get the Ad-Free PDF version in my shop to make crocheting this on the go easier!
If you have ever checked out my crochet blanket section, you will know what I mean!
Read on down to find the full, FREE baby throw pattern!
The main reason I love quick and easy baby blanket patterns is that I can work back and forth without much thought to the stitches. Simple designs mean a project that crochets up fast! That is my cup of tea! (Or coffee!) Do you think the same thing?
I can’t wait for you to try this blanket pattern!
The Yarn That’s Perfect for this Baby Blanket
When the idea first came to me for this blanket, I knew that I wanted to use Lion Brand Heartland Yarn because it is incredibly soft and comes in such beautiful earthy colors.
Have you used it for anything? If not, you should give it a try!
The Stitches for the Pebble Blanket
The half double crochets are worked a little differently than you may be used to, but that is what gives this blanket the Stoney pebble-like look.
I will explain how to work these special half double crochets up in the abbreviation section below.
To finish up this fun blanket I did one row of single crochet’s along to the border to give it a clean finished look. Wallah! A finished baby blanket!
This blanket would be cute either as a baby girl crochet blanket or a baby boy crochet blanket!
Scroll on down to find the full pattern or purchase the ready to print PDF version in my shop below.
Happy Crochet Baby Blanket making!
Stoney Pebbles Crochet Baby Blanket
Skill Level: Intermediate
- Two skeins of Lion Brand Heartland Yarn in the colorway Grand Canyon or less than 500 yards of any worsted weight (4) yarn.
- Size J 6.00 mm crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- Measuring tape
- ch = chain
- st = stitch
- sc = single crochet
- sphdc = special half double crochet (yarn over insert hook into stitch, yarn over, pull back through stitch (three times) then pull back through all seven loops on the hook)
- Written in Standard US terms.
- Want to make the blanket a different size? Just use an even number for your starting chain and work the rest of the pattern as written!
- Gauge equals 2″ for every sphdc, sc, sphdc, sc, sphdc (5 stitches)
- Finished Size as written is approximately 22.5″ wide by 24″ height with a single crochet border.
SELLING: YOU MAY SELL ITEMS MADE FROM PATTERNS ON Easy Crochet UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED. IF YOU CHOOSE TO SELL ITEMS MADE FROM THIS PATTERN, PLEASE LINK BACK TO ME AT WWW.easycrochet.com FOR CREDIT. PLEASE DO NOT USE MY PICTURES TO SELL YOUR ITEMS.
IMAGES & CONTENT: THE IMAGES AND CONTENT OF easycrochet.com ARE PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT LAWS. DO NOT DISTRIBUTE OR COPY THE CONTENT WITHOUT WRITTEN PERMISSION. DO NOT EDIT OR REMOVE WATERMARKS FROM ANY ORIGINAL IMAGE FROM easycrochet.com. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE AN IMAGE, PLEASE ONLY USE 1 WITH A LINK BACK TO Easy Crochet. THANK YOU FOR RESPECTING MY WORK.
TRANSLATIONS: PLEASE DO NOT POST A TRANSLATION OF MY PATTERN(S) ANYWHERE. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP MAKE A TRANSLATION, I WOULD BE HAPPY TO PUBLISH IT ON Easy Crochet WITH A LINK AND FULL CREDIT TO YOUR BLOG. FOR FURTHER QUESTIONS, PLEASE EMAIL [email protected]
Blanket Pattern Steps
Foundation Row: Ch 60
Row 1: Starting in the 2nd ch from the hook, sc, sc in each ch across, turn. (59)
Row 2: Ch 1, starting in first st, sc, sc in each st across, turn. (59)
Row 3: Ch 1, starting with the first st, sc, *sphdc in next stitch, sc in next stitch, repeat from * across, turn. (59)
Row 4-6: repeat row 2
Row 7 – ?: repeat row 3-6 for the pattern to desired length (I did 50 rows)
Fasten off yarn after the last row and weave in loose ends throughout with a yarn needle. If you wish to do a border as I have shown, don’t fasten off yarn and do a simple sc border along the outside edge of the blanket working the sc evenly along. Make sure to do three sc’s in each corner st to get a clean finished look.
You May Also Like These Free Crochet Patterns
Now that you have finished up the Stoney Pebbles Crochet Baby Blanket you may also enjoy some of these other free crochet blanket patterns that can be found below!
- American Flag Crochet Patterns for Blankets
- Easy Crochet Afghan Pattern (8 Sizes)
- Free C2C Crochet Graphgan Patterns
- Free Christmas Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Textured Crochet Afghan Pattern (+7 Sizes!)
- Modern Square Blanket Pattern
- Bobble Crochet Baby Blanket (+7 Bonus Sizes)
- Textured Puff Stitch Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Corner to Corner Heart Blanket for Baby
- Warm Up America Crochet Rectangle #2
- Warm Up America Textured Crochet Rectangle #1
- How to Crochet a Granny Square for Absolute Beginners
- Ombre Classic Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Modern Baby Ripple Blanket Pattern
- Rainbow Cluster Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Beach Glass Clutch Crochet Pattern
- Plant Holder Crochet Pattern
I hope you enjoyed the Stoney Pebbles Crochet Baby Blanket and if you have any questions, please be sure to ask by contacting me at [email protected], and I’d be glad to help.