Make this simple striped crochet baby blanket that is perfect for woodland nurseries or baby shower themes!
Read on down to find the full free baby crochet blanket pattern.
Do you want to crochet more blankets? Explore the Easy Crochet pattern database for access to over 300 free designs.
I am happy to say that I am going to be an aunt again this summer. My sister (soon to be mom) is decorating the new baby’s nursery in a woodland theme.
With that theme in mind, I was inspired to crochet a blanket for this little bundle to match in the perfect forest colors the Woodland Inspired Crochet Blanket!
Perfect Beginner Crochet Blanket Project!
This crochet blanket design is a perfect beginner project and easy to make since it only uses single crochets. The border is a wavy design made up of slip stitches, single and half double crochets to make it a little more delicate looking.
If you are new to crochet this would be a great project to try to build up your crochet skills. It is easy! I promise!
The Yarn that’s Great for This Woodland Blanket
I used 4 different colors of Loops & Threads Impeccable yarn from Michaels Craft Stores in Pumpkin, Chocolate Brown, True Grey, and Deep Forest.
I found this yarn easy to work with and the price is just perfect! If you can’t get this particular type of yarn I recommend Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice as a great substitute which can be found online and at most craft stores.
Ready to get started on your new blanket?
Read on down for the full FREE pattern & tutorial!
Happy Crocheting Friends!
Woodland Free Crochet Blanket Pattern by Easy Crochet
Skill Level: Basic
- Crochet hook US J 6.00 mm
- 4 different colors (2 skeins of each color) I used Impeccable yarn from Micheals or any medium weight four yarn
- Yarn needle
- Written in standard US terms
Woodland Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Foundation Chain: CH 64 with your first color of choice
- ROW 1: CH 1, Starting in 2nd CH from hook SC, SC in each CH across row, turn. (64)
- ROW 2: CH 1 SC in each ST across row, turn (64)
- ROW 3: CH 1 SC in each ST across row, turn (64)
- ROW 4: CH 1 SC in each ST across row change colors here if you choose, turn (64)
- ROW 5-8: Repeat Row 1-4 with second color
- ROW 9-12: Repeat Row 1-4 with third color
- ROW 13-16: Repeat Row 1-4 with fourth color
- ROW 17-22: CH 1 SC in each ST across row with first color turn repeat this until you have 6 rows remember to only change color at the end of ROW 22
- ROW 23-28: Repeat Row 17-22 with second color
- ROW 29-34: Repeat Row 17-22 with third color
- ROW 35-40: Repeat Row 17-22 with fourth color
- ROW 41-48: CH 1 SC in each ST across with first color row turn repeat this until you have 8 rows remember to only change color at the end of ROW 48
- ROW 49-56: Repeat Row 41-48 with second color
- ROW 57-64: Repeat Row 41-48 with third color
- ROW 65-72: Repeat Row 41-48 with fourth color
- ROW 73-82: CH 1 SC in each ST across with first color row turn repeat this until you have 10 rows remember to only change color at the end of ROW 82
- ROW 83-92: Repeat Row 73-82 with second color
- ROW 93-102: Repeat Row 73-82 with third color
- ROW 103- 112: Repeat Row 73-82 with fourth color
- Weave in loose ends throughout with yarn needle
- Use your color of choice
- ROW 1: with Right Side facing you SC in each ST across to corner (64 SC), 3 SC in corner, continue along sides ( remember to do 3 SC in every corner) Join with SL ST to first SC
- ROW 2: Repeat Row 1
- ROW 3: SL ST in next 3 chains, HDC in next 3 CH’s, repeat this pattern the entire length of the border. Join with SL ST at the end.
Finished blanket size with border is approximately 26″ X 40″ Inches.