Woodland Crochet Baby Blanket
Learn how to make this simple crochet baby blanket that is perfect for a woodland nursery or baby shower as a gift.
Read on down to find the full free woodland baby blanket crochet pattern to get started today.
Do you want to crochet more blankets? Explore the Easy Crochet pattern database for access to over 300 free designs.
I am happy to say that I will be an aunt again this summer. My sister (soon to be mom) is decorating the new baby’s nursery in a woodland theme.
With that theme in mind, I was inspired to crochet a baby blanket for this little bundle to match in the perfect forest colors, of the Woodland Crochet Blanket!
A Great Beginner Crochet Blanket
This crochet blanket design is a perfect beginner project and easy to make since it only uses single crochets.
The blanket border is a wavy design made up of slip stitches, single and half double crochets to make it a little more delicate looking.
If you are new to crochet, this would be a great baby blanket to try to build up your crochet skills. It is an easy to crochet blanket! I promise!
The Yarn for a Woodland Blanket
I used 4 different colors of Loops & Threads Impeccable yarn from Michael’s stores in Pumpkin, Chocolate Brown, True Grey, and Deep Forest.
I found this yarn easy to work with, and the price is just perfect! If you can’t get this particular type of yarn, I recommend Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice as a great substitute, which can be found online and at most craft stores.
Ready to get started on your new blanket?
Read on down for the full FREE pattern and tutorial for this easy crochet baby blanket!
Woodland Free Crochet Blanket Pattern
Skill Level: Basic
- SC= Single Crochet
- CH= Chain
- ST= Stitch
- SLST= Slip Stitch
- HDC= Half Double Crochet
- Crochet hook US J 6.00 mm
- 4 different colors (2 skeins of each color) I used Impeccable yarn from Micheals or any medium weight four yarn
- Yarn needle
- This free crochet pattern is written in standard US terms
Woodland Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Foundation Chain: CH 64 with your first color of choice
- ROW 1: CH 1, starting in 2nd CH from hook SC, SC in each CH across row, turn. (64)
- ROW 2: CH 1 SC in each ST across row, turn (64)
- ROW 3: CH 1 SC in each ST across row, turn (64)
- ROW 4: CH 1 SC in each ST across row change colors here if you choose, turn (64)
- ROW 5-8: Repeat Row 1-4 with second color
- ROW 9-12: Repeat Row 1-4 with third color
- ROW 13-16: Repeat Row 1-4 with fourth color
- ROW 17-22: CH 1 SC in each ST across row with first color turn repeat this until you have 6 rows, remember to only change color at the end of ROW 22
- ROW 23-28: Repeat Row 17-22 with second color
- ROW 29-34: Repeat Row 17-22 with third color
- ROW 35-40: Repeat Row 17-22 with fourth color
- ROW 41-48: CH 1 SC in each ST across with first color row turn repeat this until you have 8 rows, remember to only change color at the end of ROW 48
- ROW 49-56: Repeat Row 41-48 with second color
- ROW 57-64: Repeat Row 41-48 with third color
- ROW 65-72: Repeat Row 41-48 with fourth color
- ROW 73-82: CH 1 SC in each ST across with first color row turn repeat this until you have 10 rows, remember to only change color at the end of ROW 82
- ROW 83-92: Repeat Row 73-82 with second color
- ROW 93-102: Repeat Row 73-82 with third color
- ROW 103- 112: Repeat Row 73-82 with fourth color
- Weave in loose ends throughout with yarn needle
- Use your color of choice
- ROW 1: with Right Side facing you SC in each ST across to corner (64 SC), 3 SC in corner, continue along sides (remember to do 3 SC in every corner) Join with SL ST to first SC
- ROW 2: Repeat Row 1
- ROW 3: SL ST in next 3 chains, HDC in next 3 CH’s, repeat this pattern the entire length of the border. Join with SL ST at the end.
Finished blanket size with border is approximately 26″ X 40″ Inches.
More Free Baby Crochet Patterns
- Easy Crochet Shell Stitch Baby Blanket
- Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern for Spring
- Easy Crochet Stitches for Baby Blankets
- Granny Stitch Ripple Blanket Baby Pattern
- The Finley Easy Crochet Blanket Pattern
- 10 Classic Crochet Patterns for Baby Booties: Easy and Free
- The Riley: Easy & Quick Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
- Free Crochet Lovey Pattern Baby Blanket
- 18 Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns for Beginners
- Crochet Baby Granny Stitch Blanket
Could you please tell me how to get the tutorial for the woodland baby blanket, would really be appreciated.
The free pattern is listed down below the main images. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page it will be there. 🙂 Happy Crocheting!
How can I print these patterns?
Hi! You can copy & paste into notepad or word to print.
What size blanket does this make–it looks bigger than a standard baby blanket in the pics?
Finished size with border is approximately 26″ X 40″ Inches.