If you have ever wondered how to crochet a small circle, then this crochet tutorial is for you. This small crochet circle pattern is simple to make, work up extremely fast and makes flat circles, which is always a good thing with appliques.
These little circles make great embellishments for almost any crochet project, can be strung together to make a festive garland for any gathering or can even be used as coasters.
Two Ways to Crochet a Circle
There are two common ways to crochet a circle. The first is with a magic circle, which we do not use here. This pattern’s method involves crocheting a foundation ring to form the beginning of the circle pattern.
If you are ready to make these cute round crochet circles, then follow along below with my step-by-step foundation ring circle tutorial to learn how to make some of these beauties for yourself.
Foundation Ring Circle Crochet Pattern
Skill Level: Easy
- You can use any size yarn for these crochet circles, just make sure to use the corresponding crochet hook size as stated on the yarn package
- You can change the number of stitches worked into the center of the circle if you’d like.
- If you’d prefer to use a different stitch to make this circle, such as half double crochet or single crochet stitches, that can be done.
- Written in standard US terms
- You can use a magic circle or magic loop to start this circle instead of the chain 2 method.
The Perfect Crochet Circle Pattern
- Ch 2 to start the first round.
- In the second ch from the hook, work 12 dcs to make a round of stitches.
- If you need help with learning how to make a double crochet stitch, use our tutorial for that in the link provided.
- Sl st to the top of the first dc (or the first stitch of the round)
- Fasten off, cut yarn and weave in the loose yarn ends with a yarn needle
That’s it! Thanks for following along with my small circle pattern, and if you need any clarification, please feel free to ask! If you liked this circle pattern, then check out my Jute Twine Coaster Pattern for some more crochet circle inspiration.
More Free Crochet Patterns for the Home
- Free Crochet Table Runner Patterns
- Easy & Beginner-Friendly Crochet Coaster Pattern
- The Best Free Patterns for Crochet Doilies
- Crochet Heart Dishcloth Pattern
- Free Cotton Yarn Crochet Patterns
- Must Make Crochet Steering Wheel Covers
- Patterns for Crochet Curtains
- Crochet Spike Stitch Dishcloth Pattern
- The Easy Crochet Potholder Pattern
- 30 Minute DIY Yarn Wall Hangings