This easy crochet throw blanket pattern is a fun project that can be finished in just a weekend! I would recommend this crochet blanket pattern for a beginner to the most advanced crocheter to try.
I hope you enjoy this beginner-friendly crochet blanket!
The Yarn That’s Perfect for This Easy Crocheted Blanket
For this blanket pattern, I used a worsted weight yarn (that was given to me as a gift) which is no longer available.
The Crochet Stitch in This Blanket
This blanket is made with ONE basic crochet stitch, which is perfect for beginners.
To make this blanket, you will need to know how to do a double crochet stitch, which you can learn how to do in the link provided. You will not be disappointed with this double crochet blanket pattern, I promise!
I also have a video tutorial on this stitch that will help those who prefer a video. Check it out below!
Do You Want to Make a Different Blanket Size?
If you decide you want this blanket bigger or smaller, just start with any even number of starting chains. You could also use the blanket resizing calculator for extra help with sizing.
This pattern would be so cute made smaller as a crochet baby blanket, and as a bonus, it would work up fast sine it’s a littler size!
Ready to Get Started?
Ready to get started on making this simple blanket? Keep on scrolling down for the full, FREE crochet pattern.
Simple Blanket Crochet Pattern
Skill Level: Easy
- Yarn needle
- Approx. 600 yards of worsted weight (4) yarn. I used a yarn that is discontinued, but Vanna’s Choice Lion Brand Yarn in Dusty Rose would be a perfect substitute.
- Size J crochet hook 6.00 MM
- 38″ x 30″ (inches)
- This blanket pattern is written in standard US terms
- The pattern is worked between the chains/stitches of every row and not into the actual stitches.
- Gauge is 9 stitches for every 4″
- Chain an even number to make this blanket bigger or smaller.
- How to change colors in crochet tutorial → Change Colors in Crochet
Blanket Pattern Steps
Row 1: chain 68 (in 4th chain from hook double crochet) double crochet in every chain across, turn. (64)
Row 2: chain 1, *single crochet in space between double crochets (from the previous row), repeat from * across, turn. (64)
Row 3: ch 3, in first stitch double crochet, double crochet in remaining stitches across row, turn. (64)
Row 4-72: Repeat rows 2-3 until you reach your desired length.
Finishing: weave in loose ends with a yarn needle.
Border (optional): If you’d like to add a border for this blanket, I’d suggest a simple single crochet border.
More Free Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Mountain Pine Tree Crochet Blanket
- American Flag Crochet Patterns for Blankets
- Easy Crochet Afghan Pattern (8 Sizes)
- Free C2C Crochet Graphgan Patterns
- Free Christmas Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Textured Crochet Afghan Pattern (+7 Sizes!)
- Modern Square Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Ghost Halloween C2C Blanket Pattern
- Bobble Crochet Baby Blanket (+7 Bonus Sizes)
- Textured Puff Stitch Crochet Blanket Pattern