This easy crochet throw blanket pattern is a fun project that can be finished in just a weekend! I would recommend this crochet blanket pattern for a beginner to the most advanced crocheter to make, since it uses just one basic crochet stitch.
I hope you enjoy this beginner-friendly crochet blanket! Happy Crocheting!
Easy Crochet Blanket Pattern
Read on down to learn more about the yarn you’ll want to use and the stitches you’ll want to learn before you start this blanket design.
For this blanket pattern, I used a worsted weight yarn (that was given to me as a gift) which is no longer available.
Vanna’s ChoiceBuy Now Patterns Using This Yarn →
The Crochet Stitch
This blanket is made with ONE basic crochet stitch, which is perfect for beginners.
To make this blanket, you will need to know how to do a double crochet stitch, which you can learn how to do in the link provided. You will not be disappointed with this double crochet blanket pattern, I promise!
Difficulty Level: Easy
Learn this stitch →
I also have a video tutorial on this stitch that will help those who prefer a video. Check it out below!
Change The Blanket Size
If you decide you want this blanket bigger or smaller, just start with any even number of starting chains. You could also use the blanket resizing calculator for extra help with sizing.
This pattern would be so cute made smaller as a crochet baby blanket, and as a bonus, it would work up fast sine it’s a littler size!
Ready to Get Started?
Ready to get started on making this simple blanket? Keep on scrolling down for the full, FREE crochet pattern.
Simple Blanket Crochet Pattern
Skill Level: Easy
- Yarn needle
- Approx. 600 yards of worsted weight (4) yarn. I used a yarn that is discontinued, but Vanna’s Choice Lion Brand Yarn in Dusty Rose would be a perfect substitute.
- Size J crochet hook 6.00 MM
- 38″ x 30″ (inches)
- This blanket pattern is written in standard US terms
- The pattern is worked between the chains/stitches of every row and not into the actual stitches.
- Gauge is 9 stitches for every 4″
- Chain an even number to make this blanket bigger or smaller.
- How to change colors in crochet tutorial → Change Colors in Crochet
Blanket Pattern Steps
Row 1: chain 68 (in 4th chain from hook double crochet) double crochet in every chain across, turn. (64)
Row 2: chain 1, *single crochet in space between double crochets (from the previous row), repeat from * across, turn. (64)
Row 3: ch 3, in first stitch double crochet, double crochet in remaining stitches across row, turn. (64)
Row 4-72: Repeat rows 2-3 until you reach your desired length.
Finishing: weave in loose ends with a yarn needle.
Border (optional): If you’d like to add a border for this blanket, I’d suggest a simple single crochet border.
More Free Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Primrose Crochet Baby Blanket
- 10 Cozy Crochet Blanket and Afghan Patterns You’ll Love
- Easy Moss Stitch Crochet Baby Blanket
- Rainbow Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Easy Crochet Afghan Pattern (8 Sizes)
- Mountain Pine Crochet Tree Blanket
- American Flag Crochet Patterns for Blankets
- 11 Free and Easy Crochet Graphgan Patterns using C2C
- 8 Festive Free Christmas Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Textured Crochet Afghan Pattern (+7 Sizes!)