This easy crochet throw blanket pattern is a fun project that can be finished in just a weekend! I would recommend this crochet blanket pattern for a beginner to the most advanced crocheter to try! Just remember to have fun!
I hope you enjoy this beginner-friendly crochet blanket!
The Yarn That’s Perfect for This Easy Crocheted Blanket
For this blanket pattern, I used a worsted weight yarn (that was given to me as a gift) which is no longer available. I recommend Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice as a substitute in its place or even Red Heart Super Saver would even be great too!
I linked up the yarn below so you can check it out.
Do You Want to Make a Different Blanket Size?
If you decide you want this blanket bigger or smaller just start with any even number of starting chains. You could also use the blanket resizing calculator for extra help with sizing. This pattern would be so cute made smaller as a crochet baby blanket and as a bonus it would work up fast sine it’s a littler size!
The Crochet Stitch in This Blanket
This blanket is made with ONE basic crochet stitch which is perfect for beginners. To make this blanket you will need to know how to do a double crochet stitch which you can learn how to do in the link provided. You will not be disappointed with this double crochet blanket pattern, I promise!
I also have a video tutorial on this stitch that will help those who prefer a video. Check it out below!
Ready to get started on making this simple blanket? Keep on scrolling down for the full, FREE crochet pattern.
Simple Blanket Crochet Pattern
Skill Level: Easy
- Yarn needle
- Approx. 600 yards of worsted weight (4) yarn. I used a yarn that is discontinued, but Vanna’s Choice Lion Brand Yarn in Dusty Rose would be a perfect substitute.
- Size J crochet hook 6.00 MM
- Written in Standard US terms
- The pattern is worked between the chains/stitches of every row and not into the actual stitches.
- Finished size is approximately 38″ X 30″
- Gauge is 9 stitches for every 4″
- Chain an even number to make this blanket bigger or smaller.
- How to change colors in crochet tutorial → Change Colors in Crochet
SELLING: You may sell items made from patterns on Easy Crochet unless otherwise stated. If you choose to sell items made from this pattern, please link it back to me at www.easycrochet.com for credit. Please do not use my pictures to sell your items.
TRANSLATIONS: Please do not post a translation of my pattern(s) anywhere. If you would like to help make a translation I would be happy to publish it on Easy Crochet with a link and full credit to your blog. For further questions, please email [email protected]
PLEASE DO NOT COPY, SHARE (a link is OK), ADJUST OR RESELL MY PATTERNS
Row 1: chain 68 (in 4th chain from hook double crochet) double crochet in every chain across, turn. (64)
Row 2: chain 1, *single crochet in space between double crochets (from the previous row), repeat from * across, turn. (64)
Row 3: ch 3, in first stitch double crochet, double crochet in remaining stitches across row, turn. (64)
Row 4-72: Repeat rows 2-3 until you reach your desired length.
Finishing: weave in loose ends with a yarn needle.
You May Also Like These Free Crochet Patterns
- Riley Easy Crochet Baby Blanket
- Easy Double Crochet Blanket
- Free Crochet Lovey Pattern Baby Blanket
- 11 Free Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 7 Free Crochet Lap Blanket Patterns
- Crochet Blanket Borders
- Modern Granny Stitch Crochet Blanket
- Easy Crochet Lap Blanket
- Single Stitch Baby Blanket
- Clara Crochet Ripple Blanket
- 7 Beginner-Friendly Baby Blanket Crochet Patterns
- Faux Fur Yarn Crochet Blanket Pattern for Dogs
- 14+ Crochet Baby Blankets Free Patterns
- Two Triangle Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern