Use this simple crochet square below to make a crochet pillow, crochet blanket & more!
Scroll on down to find the square crochet pattern and get started today!
Quick to Work Up and Great for Blankets!
If you love to crochet up quick projects and need to use up some scrap yarn, then these are for you. While this pattern isn’t a granny crochet square this still works up just as simple.
It can be used to make a ton of different projects like a crochet pillow, blanket and much more! Read on down to learn how to crochet a square today!
The Yarn That is Great For A Crochet Square
Just like me, I’m sure you have a ton of scrap yarn left over from past projects to use for this project!
I decided to use Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice because of the choice of colors and the durability of the yarn!
I usually use Vanna’s Choice because for me it’s because the yarn has to be able to handle and make it through the use of three kids!
Ready to Get Started?
If you think you are ready to make this square, then scroll on down for the full, FREE pattern or find the pillow cover I designed using these squares too!
Simple Square Free Crochet Pattern
Skill Level: Easy
- Worsted weight scrap yarn, I used Vanna’s Choice in Oatmeal, Silver Grey, White, Charcoal Grey, and Mustard.
- Size J crochet hook 6.00 MM
- Yarn needle
- You will always slip stitch into the first double crochet, not the slip stitch or chain 3 from the previous round.
- Finished size is approximately 5″ x 5″
- You MAY sell items made from this pattern. If you choose to sell items made from any of my patterns, please link back to me at Easy Crochet for credit. Do not use my photos to sell any items. Thank you for respecting my work.
- Written in Standard US terms
Square Crochet Pattern
- Round 1: chain 4, in 4th chain from hook * double crochet, chain 1, repeat from * for a total of (8 dc’s) & (8 ch’s), slip stitch to top of first double crochet. (16)
- Round 2: chain 3, in first stitch do 2 double crochets, 2 double crochets in ch 1 space, *2 double crochets on top of next double crochet from the previous round, 2 double crochets in chain 1 space, repeat from * around, slip stitch to top of first double crochet. (32)
- Round 3: chain 3, in first st do * 2 double crochets, skip 1 st, 1 double crochet in next st, skip 1 st, 2 double crochets in next st, skip 1 st, in next st do 2 double crochets, ch 2, 2 double crochets, skip 1 st, repeat from * around. sl st to top of first dc. (44)
- Finishing: weave in loose ends throughout square with a yarn needle.
You Can Use These Squares on This Pattern Too
Don’t forget about our FREE pillow pattern available using these squares! Find it here Square Button Crochet Pillow.
Please head on over to our shop where a portion of all proceeds are donated to a local animal shelter or rescue that is in need.
This is a great beginner-friendly pattern that is worked from corner to corner.