Did you know that you can make your own silverware holders with a soup can?
You can! And they are extremely easy to put together!
Read on down to find the tutorial for a DIY silverware holder!
I have made this for almost every occasion because they are so easy to customize. The ones I am writing about today will be for my sister’s woodland themed baby shower this month.
Turn Soup Cans into Silverware Holders!
Who knew that tin cans could be so cute! 😉 These are going to go great with the rustic baby shower favors I recently made for the party!!
Are you ready to tackle this project?
Scroll on down for the free soup can up-cycle tutorial!
How to Make Your Own Silverware Holders With Tin Soup Cans
- Gather tin cans (we made chili so I could get a lot of cans at once!!) Make sure they are clean and dry before using them.
- Pick out your choice of card stock (I have even used wrapping paper before)
- Grab your measuring tape and figure out the lengths and widths you will need for your cans, cut out
- Hot glue cut out pieces of card stock to cans
- Measure and cut twine to your desired length and tie onto the cans!!
You Have Finished Your Silverware Holder From an Aluminum Can!
You can fill these with whatever you choose! I have used pens, silverware, straws and even napkins. For these particular ones I have chosen to used wrap up silverware that will be placed at each table at the woodland themed shower.
I hope you had fun making these silverware holders and if you have any questions, please email me or leave me a comment!
- 13 Simple DIY Ornaments for Christmas Using Yarn
- 5 Easy Punch Needle Kits for Beginners
- Knit & Crochet Subscription Boxes
- Gift Tags for Handmade Items
- Yarn Pom Pom Wreath DIY Tutorial
- 30 Minute DIY Yarn Wall Hangings
- Yarn Wrapped Heart Crochet Wreath – Valentine’s Day
- Pizza my Heart Valentine’s Day Favor
- Office Redo and Yarn Storage Reveal