Bear Crochet Hat Pattern
I just crocheted this cute bear hat crochet pattern for my new nephew and couldn’t wait to share with you just how adorable it is!
Read on down for the free baby bear hat pattern.
Are you searching for more patterns that are perfect for a baby? Try the reader favorite Striped blanket, Stoney Pebbles Blanket, or search the crochet archives for more designs.
I can’t wait for you to make this cute little bear hat!
Happy Hat Making!
The Yarn That’s Perfect for This Hat
When creating this baby bear crochet hat, I decided to use Heartland yarn from Lion Brand because of how soft it is! I thought it would be perfect for a little one!
I used the color Black Canyon, but if you’d prefer a different color, you can choose from over 26 different Heartland Yarn colors.
Uses Simple Crochet Stitches!
This hat is great for beginner crocheters to try since it only uses single and double crochets throughout the entire pattern. I promise if you are a new crocheter, you can do this!
If you can double crochet, then you can crochet this hat. I have a tutorial here, or you can watch my YouTube tutorial on how to double crochet too. Knowledge of a slip stitch is also needed, but is simple to learn.
Let’s Get Started!
Ready to get started? You are welcome to ask me any questions you may have about this bear hat pattern and have fun!
Bear Hat Crochet Pattern
Skill Level: Easy
- Crochet hook size J 6.00 mm
- Worsted Weight Yarn (4) Lion Brand Heartland Yarn
- Yarn Needle
- Finished size approximately fits a 3-month-old
- 16 inch circumference and 6 inch length
- The slip stitches in each round do not count as a stitch. (Skip them)
- Written in standard US terms
The Bear Baby Hat Pattern Steps
- Round 1: Chain 2, 10 Double Crochets in 2nd Chain from Hook. Slip Stitch to top of first Double Crochet (10)
- Round 2: Chain 2, 2 Double Crochets in Each Stitch Around. Slip Stitch to top of first Double Crochet (20)
- Round 3: Chain 2, 2 Double Crochets in Each Stitch Around. Slip Stitch to top of first Double Crochet (40)
- Round 4: Chain 2, 1 Double Crochet in each stitch around. Slip Stitch to top of first Double Crochet (40)
- Round 5-9: Repeat Round 4
- Round 10: Chain 1, Single Crochet Around, Slip Stitch to top of first Single Crochet (40)
- Round 11: Chain 1, Single Crochet Around, Slip Stitch to top of first Single Crochet (40)
- Finishing: Fasten Off and Weave in Loose ends throughout Hat with Yarn Needle
EARS: (Make 2)
- Chain 2, 8 Double Crochets in 2nd Chain from hook. Slip Stitch to top of first Double Crochet,
- Single Crochet around in each stitch (8 total Single Crochets) Slip Stitch to top of First Single Crochet
- Fasten off, leaving a long tail of yarn for sewing on ears.
- Next, you will need to sew on the ears with a yarn needle and weave in all the ends.
- You can put the ears on the hat where you choose to.
- YOU ARE DONE!!
That’s it! The baby bear crochet hat pattern is now complete. This really is a quick and easy crochet baby hat pattern.
More Free Crochet Hat Patterns
- 13 Adorable Crochet Cat Hat Patterns
- Winter Crochet Beanie Pattern
- Free and Easy Crochet Sun Hat Patterns for Summer
- 11 Easy Crochet Ribbed Beanie Patterns
- 10 Cute Crochet Dog Hat Patterns to Make For Your Pup
- 14 Free Crochet Beret Patterns
- Neon Rainbow Striped Crochet Hat
- 7 Crochet Slouch Hat Patterns
After each row it does not specify to chain 2 for the next row. Was this an error in the pattern or are there no chains for the next rows.
Thanks, Teresa, for finding this! This was an older pattern (circa 2014) that needed to be looked over again. I added the chain 2’s and chain 1’s that needed to be added at the beginning of the rows.