Are you looking for a unique but fun to make crochet flower? If so, then you’ll love this flower design! The rippling crochet flower is an easy pattern to work up and would look great as an embellishment on almost any crochet project.
I hope you enjoy this pattern and happy crochet flower making!
The Yarn That Is Perfect for These Simple Crochet Flowers
To make these easy crochet flowers you will need some cotton yarn, I used Lily Sugar N Cream Yarn my favorite 100% cotton four weight yarn!. It is from Yarnspirations and I used the colors called beach glass & hot pink, but any color will work with this design.
I also wanted to mention that in the center of my flower I used the same yarn but in the color Ecru. If you’d like to change this color also that would be perfectly fine too.
Free Crochet Flower Pattern
To start this easy crocheted flower you will need to chain 4 then connect the yarn to the first chain to form a circle, next chain 1 then work 10 single crochets into that circle and finally slip stitch to the first single crochet to connect.
To finish up the last round you need to chain 2 and do a total of 49 double crochets around the flower which I explain below in detail in the pattern. The center is just a puff like stitch in the Ecru yarn and then attached with a yarn needle.
I love the look the puff stitch gives the flower and it adds that something extra which makes this little crochet flower stand out!
That’s it! So simple right? I’ll let you in on a little secret. I have a vision of attaching these to a wreath with some leaves in a contrasting color so maybe a new pattern will be coming soon!? 🙂
Check it out below! Do you think it will look good? We will see!
To get the free crochet flower pattern scroll on down or you can use printfriendly.com to print out this pattern without all the ads. Either way I hope you enjoy it!
Happy Crocheting Friends!
Rippling Crochet Flower Pattern
Skill Level: Easy
- Size H crochet hook 5 mm
- Yarn needle
- sc = single crochet
- ch = chain
- dc = double crochet
- sl st= slip stitch
- hdc = half double crochet
- rep = repeat
- If you would like to make this flower smaller use a smaller hook size than indicted and the same goes it you would prefer to make it bigger just use a bigger hook size.
- Gauge is not relevant for this project.
- The pattern is written in standard US terms.
- Add to hats, blankets or anything you can think of!
How to Crochet A Flower Pattern
Main Flower Pattern
- ch 4
- sl st to the first ch to form a circle.
- ch 1, sc 10 times into center of circle, join with a sl st into first sc. (10)
- ch 2, dc 4 times into the first st, *dc 5 times into the next st, rep from * around for a total of 49 dc’s, sl st into the 2nd dc of the round to finish the round. (49)
Center of Flower Pattern
- With Ecru color yarn ch 3, work a hdc in the first ch, but before pulling through the last 3 loops on the hook, start another hdc in the same st this time pulling through all the loops on the hook, fasten off and securely attach to the center of the completed flower you just finished.
- Using a yarn needle, weave in loose ends through the flower.
- You now have completed a crocheted flower design!
That’s It! You Are Done With Your Crocheted Flower!
Now you can attach these cute flowers to a project or just give them as is. I mentioned it before, but I’m thinking about adding them to a wreath project, which I have never done, so we will see how it turns out! Wish me luck!
If you have any questions about this rippling crochet flower pattern, please let me know by leaving me a comment or sending me a message through my contact form at the top of the page.