Modern Striped Dishcloth Pattern
If you have been looking for an easy beginner friendly dishcloth pattern, then this is it! My modern striped dishcloth pattern works up fast and is one of the best projects to start with for those who are just learning how to crochet! 🙂
Looking For a Way to Use up Left Over Yarn?
I created this modern striped dishcloth yesterday after being inspired by my ever-growing pile of yarn. I have a ton of leftover yarn to use up, so I figured I might as well make a dishcloth with it! Who doesn’t need always need that! 🙂
I used Lily Sugar ‘N Cream cotton yarn in 5 colors, but you could also do this is just one color if you prefer! One color during crocheting means that you don’t have to change colors and weave in all those ends!
(Click the image below to check out the yarn and all the colors!)
Great Pattern for Beginners
Crochet dishcloths are a great beginner pattern to start with because you are just working back and forth with just one stitch! I promise this is a super easy pattern and good for any skill level. These dishcloths also make great gifts for birthdays, Christmas or Mothers Day! Everyone I know LOVES getting handmade gifts and they are so much more personal!
Read on down to find the FREE crochet dishcloth pattern to get started today on your collection!
Free Dishcloth Crochet Pattern
Skill Level: Basic
- Crochet Hook Size H 5.00 mm
- Lily Sugar ‘N Cream Cotton yarn
- (any 5 Colors) I used sunshine, tangerine, sage green, jute & cream.
- Yarn Needle
- CH = Chain
- SC = Single Crochet
- ST = Stitch
- If you need help with changing colors a FREE tutorial can be found here.
- Written in Standard US Terms
Modern Striped Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
FR: CH 25 using tangerine
Row 1: starting in the second CH from the hook SC, SC in every ST across, turn, CH 1. (24)
Row 2-4: starting in the first ST SC, SC in every ST across, turn, CH 1 (24)
Row 5-12: using sage green 24 SC, turn, CH 1
Row 13-14: using tangerine 24 SC, turn, CH 1
Row 15-18: using sunshine 24 SC, turn, CH 1
Row 19-20: using jute 24 SC, turn, CH 1
Row 21-23: using sage green 24 SC, turn, CH 1
Row 24: 24 SC and tie off
Finishing: Use yarn needle to weave in loose ends
- Using cream, SC around outside of dishcloth making sure to do 3 SC in every corner. Slip stitch back into first ST and you are done!
If you need help changing colors in crochet you can find an easy tutorial here that may help.
Thanks for stopping by to check out my modern striped dishcloth pattern! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
More Free Crochet Patterns for The Home
- 20 Easy Crochet Dishcloth Patterns: All Free
- Easy Crochet Hot Pads with Handles
- 17 Crochet Garland Patterns
- 20 Free Crochet Keychain Patterns: Adorable and Easy
- Scrubby Yarn Crochet Patterns
- Waffle Stitch Crochet Dishcloth Pattern
- Thanksgiving Table Runner Crochet Patterns
- 31 Free Crochet Coaster Patterns: Quick & Easy
- Free Crochet Table Runner Patterns
- Easy & Beginner-Friendly Crochet Coaster Pattern
I am going to make a dish cloth using your pattern and i like some of your other patterns
Hi I tried to look for easy patterns for dishcloth and/or washcloth on your home page . I’d not find it.
Just search Crochet washcloth or crochet dishcloth on my homepage and they will come up 🙂