Are you looking for an easy but free Halloween crochet pattern? This monster eye keychain is easy and free to use! This scary eye Halloween pattern works up fast and with just scrap yarn! If you have 10 minutes you’ll be able to crochet this pattern which is always a plus.
I hope you enjoy this fabulous spooky eye Halloween pattern!
Happy Halloween Crocheting!
Are you looking for more Fall crochet patterns? Check out my list of nine Autumn crochet patterns to make this year!
Easy Eye Halloween Crochet Pattern!
Since Halloween is right around the corner I figured it was the perfect time to work up a scary crochet monster eye keychain. You’ll need to know how to work up simple beginner-friendly stitches and work in the round. It’s that easy!
Next you will need to gather some scrap yarn. Most of us crocheters have this in bulk and this is the perfect scrap buster project to use it on. I used Red Heart Yarn Soft because the colors were perfect for what I was going for in this design. If you have a different four weight yarn that would work just as well.
You will also need a swivel clasp that is available at most craft stores or on Amazon. You can get creative and use almost anything to attach this eye to items such as yarn, string and chain! I attached it to my purse but it would also look great on a book bag or gym bag too.
Are you ready to get started? Read on down for the full FREE crochet eye pattern!
Halloween Eye Crochet Pattern
Skill Level: Easy
- Crochet hook size J 6.00 mm
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Swivel Clasps
- yarn needle
- 3 different colors of yarn scraps of worsted weight yarn (4)
- ch = chain
- hdc = half double crochet
- sl st = slip stitch
- Learn how to change colors in crochet with our free tutorial
- Written in standard US terms
Monster Eye Crochet Pattern
- With white ch 2, 10 hdc’s in the second ch from hook, sl st to top of the first hdc.
- Join in 2nd color, ch 1, hdc 2 x in every ch around, sl st to top of the first hdc. Fasten off yarn leaving a 2-3 inch tail.
- With black yarn and yarn needle weave in and out of the center of eye to form the pupil. (you can get creative here)
- Attach the swivel clasp by using the 3 inch tail of yarn you had left from earlier and secure.
- Weave in loose ends throughout with yarn needle neatly so the back looks like the front.
I hope you enjoyed this simple crochet eye pattern! If you have any questions feel free to ask or join my Facebook group. Do you want to even more free crochet patterns? Check out a few of my favorites below.
More Free Crochet Patterns for Halloween and Fall
- Mini Crochet Pumpkin Pattern
- Free Crochet Pumpkin Patterns
- Herringbone Half Double Crochet Fall Blanket Pattern
- Fabulously Fall Crochet Fringe Scarf
- Easy, Chevron Pattern Crochet Blanket
- 9 Free Fall Crochet Patterns
- Halloween Boo Yarn Tee for Yarn Lovers
- Free Crochet Apple Pattern & Keychain
- How to Crochet a Pumpkin Earwarmer
- Fall Pumpkin Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Free Crochet Pumpkin Pattern
- Monster Eye Halloween Crochet Pattern
- Jute Twine Coaster Crochet Pattern
- Crochet Headband Pattern Frozen Snowflakes
- Simple Fall Crochet Headband Pattern
SELLING: You may sell items made from patterns on Easy Crochet unless otherwise stated. If you choose to sell items made from this pattern please link back to me at www.easycrochet.com for credit. Please do not use my pictures to sell your items.
TRANSLATIONS: Please do not post a translation of my pattern(s) anywhere. If you would like to help make a translation I would be happy to publish it on Easy Crochet with a link and full credit to your blog. For further questions, please email [email protected]
PLEASE DO NOT COPY, SHARE (a link is OK), ADJUST OR RESELL MY PATTERNS