Are you looking for an easy crochet wrap to make?
If so, this simple wrap crochet pattern is a breeze to work up and is perfect for the Fall & Winter.
The Wrap Pattern
The Isle Wave crochet wrap is perfect for cozying up in and staying warm on a chilly morning in Spring! It is lightweight enough to be worn into the Summer too on cold evenings.
This wrap It is almost big enough to be considered a crochet blanket wrap pattern!
And why not, sometimes oversized wraps mean maximum coziness. When I showed my daughter this design she called is a scarfket (scarf + blanket) and I love the name. Maybe we can start a new trend?
If you want to stay cozy warm, look pretty cool if you ask me and say you made something yourself, then this wrap pattern for you! If you’d like more ideas for crocheting wraps or crochet shawls, I can help.
The Yarn That’s Perfect for This Crochet Wrap!
I used Vanna’s Choice Yarn by Lion Brand a four weight yarn in the colorway Linen for the entire wrap, which can be easily found online, in most craft stores and at more prominent brands like Walmart.
Vanna’s ChoiceBuy Now Patterns Using This Yarn →
The yarn is perfect for this easy wrap because it is comes in so many beautiful colors and is washes great! Explore the link above to find your color!
Easy to Crochet Wrap Pattern with One Stitch
This design is worked in a simple stitch repeat, so it’s the kind of pattern you’d sit down on the couch, turn on Netflix and crochet away! If you can half double crochet, then you can make this wrap!
I promise this is an easy crochet wrap pattern to learn because of this simple stitch. It also helps that I love easy, simple, and fast, so those are the kind of crochet patterns I tend to design.
The Stitch for a Crochet Wrap
Half Double Crochet
Difficulty Level: Easy
Learn this stitch →
Half Double Crochet (hdc):
- YO (yarn over) insert hook from front to back of the designated stitch, YO the hook and pick up a loop.
- YO the hook and pull back through all three loops on the hook.
Isle Wave Crochet Kit
My friends at Lionbrand.com have generously made this into a crochet kit! You can get the pattern and all the yarn needed to make this for a low price!
Have a look at the kit below to get the Isle Wave Wrap Crochet Kit with the pattern and yarn, or purchase just the PDF in my shop below.
Take a Look at The Video Tutorial Too
Be sure to check out my YouTube tutorial below to learn how to do the crochet wrap stitch repeat if you are more of a visual learner!
And don’t forget to hit the subscribe button, so you never miss out on a new YouTube tutorial!
The Isle Crochet Wrap Pattern
Skill Level: Intermediate
- Size J crochet hook 6 mm
- Vanna’s Choice by Lion Brand in Linen (less than 4 skeins or 680 yards)
- Yarn needle
- Measuring tape
- hdc = half double crochet
- ch = chains
- st = stitch
- rep = repeat
- hdc 2 tog = half double crochet two together (aka half double crochet decrease)
- Gauge is approx. 5 st’s for every 2″. Each st is approx .5” in height.
- Click here to read why gauge is important to follow.
- Add to Ravelry
- Finished size varies on what starting chain is used.
- As written, finished size is 14″ wide and 76″ long.
- This pattern is written in American Standard Terms.
- To make different sizes of this crochet wrap, please use a multiple starting ch of 18 then add 2 to whatever length you have chosen.
- I recommend weaving in ends as you go.
- Here is a tutorial on changing colors if it is needed. Click here for the written tutorial. Click here for the video tutorial.
Here is a video tutorial on how to half double crochet two together.
Crochet Wrap Pattern Steps
To start: Ch 38
Row 1: Starting in 2nd ch from hook hdc, *hdc once in each of the next 3 chs, hdc 2 tog, hdc once in each of the next 3 chs, 2 hdcs in the next ch, repeat from * until you are left with 4 chs, hdc once in the next 3 chs, 2 hdcs in the last ch, turn. (37 )
Row 2: Ch 1, starting in the first st hdc, *hdc once in each of the next 3 st’s, hdc 2 tog, hdc once in each of the next 3 sts, 2 hdcs in the next st, repeat from * until you are left with 4 sts, hdc once in the next 3 sts, 2 hdcs in the last st, turn. (37)
Row 3-124: rep row 2 for the pattern.
Finishing: Fasten off and weave in loose ends throughout this ripple crochet wrap with a yarn needle.
You May Also Like These Crochet Tops
- 21 Crochet Skirt Patterns
- Crochet Halter Tops That Are Perfect for warm weather
- 25 Free Crochet Dress Patterns
- Cozy Crochet Shrug Patterns You’ll Love (All Free)
- 21 Crochet Vest Patterns for Every Skill Level and Season
- The Best Crochet Patchwork Cardigan Patterns
- 10 Free & Easy Crochet Hoodie Patterns
- The Best Free Crochet Poncho Patterns To Make
- 36+ Stunning Free Crochet Top Patterns for Summer
- Easy Crochet Shawl Pattern for Spring
- Easy Crochet Pocket Shawl Pattern
- Summer Nights Crochet Shawl