I love to crochet slouchy hats this fall and wanted to share this simple project I made using a wonderful pattern from a fellow blogger.
I followed this pattern for a Double Crochet Hat from Oombawka Design in the Womens size. It was super easy to follow and worked up beautifully!
Use this Easy Pattern to Make This Slouchy Hat!
I used a size J crochet hook instead of an I and also pulled the slip stitches a bit tighter on the last round. I wanted it to have a slight grip since the hat was made a little bigger and looser than what the original pattern called for.
Scroll on down to find the free crochet slouch pattern!
Happy Crocheting Friends!
Crochet Slouchy Pom Pom Hat
Skill Level: Easy
- Size J Crochet Hook
- I used 1 ball of medium worsted weight yarn from Lion Brand, specifically Vanna’s Choice Yarn Oatmeal
- Yarn Needle
- Pom Pom – I made mine using the Clover Large Pom Pom Maker
The Slouchy Hat Pattern
- Double Crochet Hat From Oombawka Design
- After you follow the pattern, make a pom using either the Clover Large Pom Pom Maker or a homemade one using a tutorial like this from You Tube.
- Make sure to leave a long tail of yarn for attaching your pom to the hat.
- Attach pom to the hat with yarn needle securely and weave it loose ends.
You are done!
If you are interested in making more hats just like this crochet slouchy pom hat here are a few of my FREE original designs to try out Crochet Chunky Flower Button Hat Pattern or my Bear Crochet Hat Pattern
More Free Crochet Hat Patterns
- 7+ Crochet Slouch Hat Patterns
- 7 Free Chunky Yarn Crochet Hat Patterns
- Easy Crochet Hat Patterns for Beginners
- Crochet Hat With Fur Pom Pom Free Pattern
- 7 Free Crochet Hat Patterns
- Crochet Floppy Bunny Ear Hat Pattern
- Pom Striped Crochet Hat Pattern
- Simply Sweet Crochet Beanie Hat Pattern
- Emily Diagonal Beanie Crochet Hat Pattern
- The 7 Best Messy Bun Crochet Patterns