If you love easy crochet designs, then use the simple and free crochet pattern below to make an infinity scarf! You’ll love that it is made with basic crochet stitches, which makes it very beginner-friendly for all you newer crocheters out there!
Keep on reading to find the free scarf pattern, and I hope you enjoy this simple, beginner-friendly design!
Learn How to Crochet a Striped Scarf
If you are looking for a fun and easy crochet scarf pattern, then you have come to the right place! This striped crochet cowl/scarf works up fast and is a great way to use up leftover yarns from past projects!
Read on down for the full, free scarf pattern, so you can make this easy design today!
I used a mixture of yarns including Lion Brand Heartland and RedHeart Soft to get the bright, bold feel I was looking for.
My Favorite Yarns
Red Heart Soft
You can substitute any worsted weight yarn that you may have and still get the same fun results.
Great for Beginner Crocheters!
This scarf pattern is a great beginner project since it uses only single crochet stitches like my other simple striped scarf pattern!
If you are feeling brave, you could even try this with a half double crochet stitch to give it a bit of a different look.
Let’s Get Started!
I hope you like this crochet multicolor striped scarf pattern and please read on down for the full FREE crochet tutorial.
Free Striped Scarf Crochet Pattern
Skill Level: Basic
- Size J Crochet Hook
- 5 Different Colors Of Worsted Weight (4) Yarn in brown, off-white, teal, gold and rust. (Affiliate links are below for the brands I used)
- Yarn Needle
The colors I used:
- Red Heart Soft Yarn Deep Sea
- Red Heart Soft Yarn, Off-White
- Red Heart Soft Yarn, Chocolate
- Lion Brand Heartland Yarn Yellowstone
- Lion Brand Heartland Yarn Yosemite
- Skip the slip stitches each round. They do not count as a stitch.
- We will be changing colors a lot in this pattern. If you need help with this process, please check out my How to Change Colors In Crochet Tutorial.
- Finished size is approx. 50” circumference & 7” width.
- Gauge is not important for this project.
- Written in Standard US terms.
Round 1: With Brown Yarn: Chain 121, Join with a slip stitch to the first chain to form a circle~(be careful not to twist your circle)
Round 2: Chain 1, *single crochet in next stitch, half double crochet in the next stitch. Repeat from * until the last stitch is reached. slip stitch to top of first single crochet.
Round 3 &4: Repeat Round 2 (At the end of round 4 Change Color to Off White using my tutorial if needed.)
Round 5-8: Repeat Round 2 ( At the end of round 8 Change Color to Teal)
Round 9-11: Repeat Round 2 (At the end of round 11 Change Color to Gold)
Round 12-14: Repeat Round 2 (At the end of round 14 Change Color to Off White)
Round 15-18: Repeat Round 2 (At the end of round 18 Change Color to Rust)
Round 19-21: Repeat Round 2, Fasten off after round 21.
Finishing: Weave in loose ends with a yarn needle
You are DONE!!
I hope you enjoyed this striped crochet scarf pattern! If you have any questions about this crochet pattern or any others, please leave me a comment!
More Free Crochet Scarf Patterns
Take a look at some of my other favorite scarf, cowl, and infinity scarf pattern designs as well.
- Easy Crochet Winter Scarf Pattern
- 7 Cozy Fall Crochet Scarf Patterns You’ll Love
- 13 Lacy Crochet Scarf Patterns
- Waffle Stitch Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Textured Crochet Neck Warmer Pattern
- Josie Chunky Crochet Scarf Pattern
- 6 Cozy Crochet Pocket Shawl Patterns You’ll Love
- Ombre Crochet Neck Warmer Pattern
- Williams Puff Cowl Crochet Pattern
- 7 Festive Crochet Scarves to Make for Christmas
- 20 Free and Easy Crochet Scarf Patterns for Beginners
- Crochet Griddle Stitch Scarf Pattern