Learn how to make an easy crochet baby blanket today with this free crochet pattern below! This blanket uses simple stitches and is perfect for a new crocheter or anyone looking for a beginner level pattern to make.
Read on down to get started!
Are you interested in making more baby blankets? Explore the Easy Crochet blanket archive for more free patterns.
I can’t wait for you to try this pattern!
This crochet baby blanket pattern would make the perfect baby shower gift and is one of the easiest DIY projects to make! This really is a blanket that is perfect for beginners.
If you are ready to get started then read on down for the free AND simple crochet baby blanket pattern!
The Yarn That’s Perfect for This Baby Blanket
I designed this soft crochet baby blanket after picking up the Isaac Mizrahi looking glass yarn at my local craft store. I knew as soon as I felt it that it would make a perfect baby blanket due to its super soft texture. It is amazingly cozy!
Are you looking for a substitute yarn? Lion Brand Homespun is pretty similar in texture if you are looking to find an easily accessible brand.
This Blanket Uses Easy Crochet Stitches!
This easy pattern is made up entirely of half double crochet stitches and the simplicity of only using one stitch makes it a great beginner pattern!
If you are just learning how to crochet, then this crochet baby blanket is for you!
Happy Crochet Blanking Making!
Easy Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern
Skill Level: Easy
- 9 mm crochet hook
- 2 skeins of Premier Yarns Isaac Mizrahi Craft Looking Glass Yarn in Hare colorway
- or use 372 yards (340 meters) of any type of super bulky 6 weight yarn
- Yarn Needle
- HDC = Half Double Crochet
- ST = Stitch
- CH = Chain
- Finished size as shown is 27 × 35 inches (69 x 89 cm)
- Gauge is approx 3 sts for every 2 inches
- Each row is approx 1 inch (2.5 cm) in height
The Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern Steps
Foundation Row: Chain 46
Row 1: Starting in 3rd ch from the hook, hdc, hdc in every ch across, turn. (44)
Every row after this point will be worked in between sts.
Row 2: Ch 2, working between sts hdc, hdc between every st across with last hdc in between the last hdc from the row before & turning ch, turn. (44)
Row 3: Ch 2, working between sts hdc, hdc between every st across with last hdc in between the last hdc from the row before & turning ch, turn. (44)
Row 4- 35: Repeat row 3. (44)
Finishing: Fasten off and weave in all ends with a yarn needle.
You now know how to crochet a baby blanket! See how easy that was. 🙂
I hope you enjoyed this crochet baby blanket pattern, you can always find even more free crochet blanket patterns and as always thank you for stopping by!
Enjoy your new crochet blanket and Happy Crocheting!
- Textured Crochet Afghan Pattern (+7 Sizes!)
- Modern Square Blanket Pattern
- Bobble Crochet Baby Blanket (+7 Bonus Sizes)
- Textured Puff Stitch Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Corner to Corner Heart Blanket for Baby
- Warm Up America Crochet Rectangle #2
- Warm Up America Textured Crochet Rectangle #1
- How to Crochet a Classic Granny Square
- Ombre Classic Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Weighted Blanket using Bernat Blanket Extra
- Easy Crochet Baby Blanket with Ripples
- Falling In Striped Crochet Blanket Pattern
- The Andy Crochet Throw Blanket