Love easy patterns? This is the pattern for you!
This simple striped crochet blanket a great pattern for a beginner crocheter to try! I designed this blanket to be super simple and quick to crochet up! If you’d like to get started on this pattern then read on down for the easy striped crochet blanket pattern!
This Simple Blanket Uses Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice
I needed a quick baby boy gift and this striped blanket pattern popped into my mind so Easy Crochet’s newest crochet pattern the Simple Striped Blanket was born! To make my blanket I used my favorite yarn Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice in some fun blues, and linen!
My Favorite Colors for Blankets!
I have been loving the navy, turquoise, and linen color combo lately since I made my last project “The Blooming Flower Square” with these exact same yarn colors too!
Ready to Get Started on Your New Blanket?
I love the simple striped modern look and this blanket is just that! If you are ready to make this crochet blanket too read on down for the full, FREE pattern!
The Easy Striped Blanket Pattern
Skill Level: Beginner
- Crochet hook size H 5.0 MM
- 3 different colors of worsted weight (4) yarn. I recommend Vanna’s Choice by Lion Brand
- Yarn needle
- dc = double crochet
- sc = single crochet
- sl st = slip stitch
- ch = chain
- You MAY sell items made from this pattern. If you choose to sell items made from any of my patterns, please link it back to me at www.easycrochet.com for credit. Do not use my photos to sell any items. Thank you for respecting my work.
- Gauge = 12 dc for every 4″, finished size depends on starting ch.
- Learn more about color changes in crochet.
- I did 8 rows of turquoise, 2 rows of linen, 2 rows of navy, 2 rows of linen, 2 rows of turquoise, 2 rows of linen, 2 rows of navy, 2 rows of linen, 4 rows of turquoise, 4 rows of linen, 2 rows of navy, 2 rows of linen, 2 rows of turquoise.
Simple Striped Crochet Blanket Pattern
Row 1: Ch an even number with first color of choice (I did 64) , starting in 4th chain from hook dc, dc in every ch across. turn.
Row 2: Ch 3, dc in 4th ch from hook and in every ch across, turn.
Row 3-?: Keep repeating row 2 changing colors to whatever you choose as your desired blanket size. Here’s a blanket chart for reference.
Finishing: Fasten off and weave in loose ends.
Border: The border is optional: join in linen after the last color, dc evenly around outside of blanket, doing 4 dc in every corner, when you reach your beginning dc of border sl st and ch 1, sc in every ch across outside of blanket, doing 4 sc in every corner. When you reach your beginning sc, sl st and fasten off the yarn.
This striped blanket is easy to customize the right size for you! To change the size just chain your desired width, repeat pattern and change colors throughout until you get to the length that is perfect for your own unique project.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial on how to crochet a striped blanket! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! I am more than happy to assist in any way possible.