Are you looking for a fun but easy to crochet striped blanket? If you love easy patterns, then this is the pattern for you!
This simple striped crochet blanket is a great pattern for a beginner crocheter to try! I designed this blanket to be super simple and quick to crochet up! You will only need to know how to crochet two different basic stitches, which means this blanket is perfect for new crocheters.
If you’d like to get started on this pattern, then read on down for the easy striped crochet blanket pattern! Happy Crocheting!
This Simple Striped Blanket Uses Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice
I needed a quick baby boy gift and this striped blanket pattern popped into my mind, so Easy Crochet’s newest crochet pattern the Simple Striped Blanket was born!
To make my blanket, I used my favorite yarn Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice in some fun blues, and linen!
My Favorite Colors for Blankets!
I have been loving the navy, turquoise, and linen color combo lately since I made my last project The Blooming Flower Square with these same yarn colors too!
If you’d like to swap out the colors I used, feel free to do so. You can even use the Easy Crochet Blanket Stripe Generator to create a unique blanket just tor you!
Ready to Get Started on Your New Blanket?
I love the simple striped modern look and this blanket is just that! If you are ready to make this crochet blanket, read on down for the full, FREE pattern!
The Easy Striped Blanket Pattern
Skill Level: Easy
- Crochet hook size H 5.0 MM
- 3 different colors of medium weight (4) yarn. I recommend Vanna’s Choice by Lion Brand
- Yarn needle
- dc = double crochet
- sc = single crochet
- sl st = slip stitch
- ch = chain
- You MAY sell items made from this pattern. If you choose to sell items made from any of my patterns, please link it back to me at www.easycrochet.com for credit. Do not use my photos to sell any items. Thank you for respecting my work.
- Gauge = 12 dc for every 4″, finished size depends on starting ch.
- Learn more about color changes in crochet.
- Written in standard US terms
- I did 8 rows of turquoise, 2 rows of linen, 2 rows of navy, 2 rows of linen, 2 rows of turquoise, 2 rows of linen, 2 rows of navy, 2 rows of linen, 4 rows of turquoise, 4 rows of linen, 2 rows of navy, 2 rows of linen, 2 rows of turquoise.
Simple Striped Crochet Blanket Pattern
Row 1: Ch an even number with first color of choice (I did 64) , starting in 4th chain from hook dc, dc in every ch across. turn.
Row 2: Ch 3, dc in 4th ch from hook and in every ch across, turn.
Row 3-?: Keep repeating row 2 changing colors to whatever you choose as your desired blanket size. Here’s a blanket chart for reference.
Finishing: Fasten off and weave in loose ends.
Border: The border is optional: join in linen after the last color, dc evenly around outside of blanket, doing 4 dc in every corner, when you reach your beginning dc of border sl st and ch 1, sc in every ch across outside of blanket, doing 4 sc in every corner. When you reach your beginning sc, sl st and fasten off the yarn.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial on how to crochet a striped blanket! If you need any clarification, please feel free to ask! I am more than happy to assist in any way possible.
How to Make a Different Size Blanket
This striped blanket is easy to customize the right size for you! To change the size, just chain your desired width, repeat the pattern and change colors throughout until you get to the length that is perfect for your own unique project.
More Free Crochet Blanket Patterns
Check out a few of my favorite crochet blanket patterns below, as well as my absolute favorite, the Falling in Blanket! Happy blanket crocheting!
- Easy Crochet Afghan Pattern (8 Sizes)
- Mountain Pine Crochet Tree Blanket
- American Flag Crochet Patterns for Blankets
- Free C2C Crochet Graphgan Patterns
- Free Christmas Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Textured Crochet Afghan Pattern (+7 Sizes!)
- Modern Square Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Ghost Halloween C2C Blanket Pattern
- Bobble Crochet Baby Blanket (+7 Bonus Sizes)
- Textured Puff Stitch Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Corner to Corner Heart Blanket Pattern
- Warm Up America Crochet Rectangle #2