Learn how to make this smooth wave stitch crochet blanket today using simple stitches that are great for beginners!
Ready to get started on this crochet wave blanket? If so, scroll on down to find the free crochet pattern!
Smooth Crocheted Design with Gorgeous Waves
This technique is really very simple to learn and makes a beautiful wave once all the stitches come together. Keep on reading to find out how to crochet the wave stitch!
It’s Easy to Create This Ripple Wave Design
I love the simple design this stitch creates and how it looks like it’s so much harder to crochet that it really is! Simple crochet projects are always a must for me because like most other crocheters I tend to want to start a new pattern as soon as possible! 🙂 Pass my crochet hook please!
Speaking of hooks be sure to use the size your yarn label calls for if you are going to use a different weight of yarn that I did. Every yarn is different so for the best results try to follow along with the recommended size of crochet hook for a good blanket outcome.
Easy to Crochet Blanket
If you enjoy easy crochet projects as much as me then be sure to look below to find the pattern for this stitch! You could create whatever you want with it.
Just think.. A dishcloth, crochet ripple baby blanket or even a pillow! I can’t wait to see what else you can come up with use this wave design on!
Crochet Wave Stitch Tutorial Pattern
Skill Level: Easy
- Size J crochet hook 6 mm
- Worsted Weight 4 Yarn. I used Lion Brand Vanna’s Choice in Pink, Charcoal Gray, Purple and Raspberry
- Yarn Needle
- To make this blanket larger or smaller use a starting chain in a multiple of 3 then chain 1 after you have chosen your length. For example… 3,6,9,12,15,18,21,24,27,30,33,36,39,42,45,48,51,54,57,60,63,66, etc.
The Crochet Blanket Pattern Steps
FOUNDATION ROW: Chain any length you desire in multiples of 3,chain 1, turn
ROW 1: Single crochet in every stitch in row, chain 1, turn
ROW 2: Repeat row 1
ROW 3: Repeat row 1
ROW 4: Single crochet 3 stitches, double crochet 3 stitches, * single crochet 3 stitches, double crochet 3 stitches, repeat this pattern from * until the end of the row, chain 1, turn.
ROW 5: Single crochet in every stitch in row, chain 1, turn.
ROW 6: Double crochet 3 stitches, single crochet 3 stitches, *double crochet 3 stitches, single crochet 3 stitches, repeat this pattern from * until the end of the row, chain 1, turn.
ROW 7: Single crochet in every stitch in row, chain 1, turn.
ROW 8 -?: Repeat rows 4-7 Until you reach the desired length of your project and end with 3 rows of single crochets and a final row of a slip stitches.
Feel free to change colors whenever and have fun with it!!!
You Are Done!
Have Questions About This Blanket Pattern?
No problem! Just be contact me at [email protected] and I’d be glad to help!
Make sure to stop over to check out my Maker shop Yarn Mamas where you will find tees & totes for yarn lovers!
You May Also Like These Free Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Warm Up America Textured Crochet Rectangle
- How to Crochet a Classic Granny Square
- Ombre Classic Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Weighted Blanket using Bernat Blanket Extra
- Easy Crochet Baby Blanket with Ripples
- Falling In Striped Crochet Blanket Pattern
- The Andy Crochet Throw Blanket
- Emily Chunky Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Granny Stitch Ripple Blanket Baby Pattern