Are you looking for a quick weekend crochet project? If so, then you’ll love this gorgeous crochet cluster blanket.
This double crochet cluster blanket is so fun to make, uses easy crochet stitches and works up fast, which means it’s the perfect pattern for any skill level of crocheter.
I hope you enjoy this easy blanket pattern!
Easy to Crochet Blanket Using The Double Crochet Stitch!
You’ll love how easy it is to make a blanket using just a double crochet (dc) stitch to create a dc cluster stitch! The DC cluster is only two double crochets worked in one stitch to create a group which is great for beginners to try!
You can see how pretty the clusters are below and how they create a beautiful crochet blanket.
The Yarn That Is Perfect for This Double Crochet Blanket
I used Red Heart Yarn Soft Yarn (4 weight), but any weight yarn would be great with this stitch like bulky, super bulky, etc. I think the best part about the Red heart is that there are quite a bit of colors to choose from. So, the color combinations you can make this with are endless and can be used to create some fun designs!
If you click the yarn image below you can check it out and see all the available colors!
Are you ready to get started on your new favorite blanket pattern? Keep on scrolling down for the full, FREE crochet cluster blanket pattern!
Double Crochet Cluster Blanket Pattern
Skill Level: Intermediate
- 3 skeins of yarn size 4 weight of your choice – I used Red Heart Soft (4) yarn in Tangerine, Turquoise & Teal.
- Crochet hook size J 6 mm
- Yarn needle
SELLING: You may sell items made from patterns on Easy Crochet unless otherwise stated. If you choose to sell items made from this pattern, please link back to me at www.easycrochet.com for credit. Please do not use my pictures to sell your items.
IMAGES & CONTENT: The images and content of EasyCrochet.com are protected by copyright laws. Do not distribute or copy the content without written permission. Do not edit or remove watermarks from any original image from easycrochet.com. If you would like to share an image, please only use 1 with a link back to Easy Crochet. Thank you for respecting my work.
TRANSLATIONS: Please do not post a translation of my pattern(s) anywhere. If you would like to help make a translation I would be happy to publish it on Easy Crochet with a link and full credit to your blog. For further questions, please email [email protected]
The Pattern Steps
I never cut off the ends of each color I just let the yarn hang and pulled up to the row when I needed it again. It worked out perfect because I had no loose ends to weave in at the end of my project.
- To start chain an odd number
- Chain 3, Crochet 2 Double Crochets in the 4th chain from the hook (1st CLUSTER!!) skip a chain, then crochet 2 Double Crochets again, Keep doing this until the end of the chain make sure to end with 1 Double Crochet ( not 2!!)
- Chain 3, Crochet 1 double crochet in the same place (to make a cluster!!) Crochet 2 double crochets between the first and second Double Crochet cluster of the last row, repeat this until the end of the row, make sure to end with 2 double crochets this time!! (Let’s keep it even!!)
- Chain 3, Crochet 2 Double Crochets in the first and second cluster of the previous round. Crochet 2 Double Crochets between every cluster of the previous row until the end of the current row. Make sure to end with 1 double crochet ( not 2!!)
- Chain 3, Crochet 1 Double Crochet in the same spot. Crochet 2 Double Crochets in the first and second cluster of the previous row. Crochet 2 Double Crochets between every cluster of the previous row until the end of the current row. Make sure to end with 2 double crochets this time!! (Let’s keep it even!!)
- Continue pattern until the desired length is obtained!
- Finish up with a border design of your choice!! I ended my blanket up with one double crochet round and then a single crochet round.
Thanks for checking out my double crochet cluster blanket pattern, and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
More Free Crochet Blanket Patterns
- Warm Up America Textured Crochet Rectangle
- How to Crochet a Classic Granny Square
- Ombre Classic Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Crochet Weighted Blanket using Bernat Blanket Extra
- Easy Crochet Baby Blanket with Ripples
- Falling In Striped Crochet Blanket Pattern
- The Andy Crochet Throw Blanket
- Emily Chunky Crochet Blanket Pattern
- Granny Stitch Ripple Blanket Baby Pattern
- Finley Crochet Baby Blanket