I know it’s officially spring but it has been so cold here that I decided to whip up a lightweight crochet cowl that I could wear on these chilly spring days.
Do you want to know more?
Read on down to find the free cowl pattern!
I worked this up in an evening and it only took a minimal amount of yarn so it’s the perfect stash buster!
I decided to use Bernat Softee Baby Yarn in Grey Marl since it has an airy and soft texture.
And the best part..
I love the fact that the Grey Marl is the perfect color choice for transitioning to spring.
Light Weight Grey Cowl Pattern
Skill Level: Easy
- Size H crochet hook 5.00 MM
- Bernat Softee Baby Yarn in Grey Marl (¼ skein is needed)
- Yarn needle
- Finished size = 24″ & 8″ width
- Gauge is 6 stitches for every 2″
- Written in standard US terms.
- sl st = slip stitch
- hdc = half double crochet
- ch = chain
- dc = double crochet
The Cowl Pattern Steps
- ch 60
- Row 1: hdc in 2nd ch from hook and into every ch across, turn. (58)
- Row 2: ch 2, dc in around both loops made from hdc from previous row and dc around every hdc from previous row. (58)(see picture below)
- Row 3 – ?:(ch 1 row 3 to ?) alternate rows 1 & 2 to desired length. ( I did 16)
- Ch 1, hold two short ends together inside out and join together with slip stitches. Fasten off and weave in ends with yarn needle.