I know it’s officially spring but it has been so cold here that I decided to whip up a lightweight crochet cowl that I could wear on these chilly spring days.
One of the best parts of this cowl is that you can work it up in just one evening because of the simple stitches used. Plus, it only takes a small amount of yarn, so it’s the perfect stash buster!
Learn more about the yarn I used in this cowl below.
I decided to use Bernat Softee Baby Yarn in Grey Marl since it has an airy and soft texture. It is a 100% acrylic 3 lightweight yarn that is available in an array of beautiful colors. Take a look at a few of my favorite colors below.
And the best part..
I love the fact that the Grey Marl is the perfect yarn color choice for transitioning to spring but truthfully I love them all so you can’t go wrong with any color.
Ready to get started?
Read on down for the free crochet cowl pattern here on the blog!
Light Weight Grey Cowl Pattern
Skill Level: Easy
- Size H crochet hook 5.00 MM
- Bernat Softee Baby Yarn in Grey Marl (¼ skein is needed)
- Yarn needle
- Finished size = 24″ circumference & 8″ width
- Gauge is 6 stitches for every 2″
- Written in standard US terms.
- sl st = slip stitch
- hdc = half double crochet
- ch = chain
- dc = double crochet
The Cowl Pattern Steps
- To Start: Ch 60
- Row 1: Hdc in 2nd ch from hook and into every ch across, turn. (59)
- Row 2: Ch 2, dc in every st across, turn. (59)
- Row 3: Ch 1, hdc into each st across, turn (59)
- Row 4 – ?: alternate rows 2 & 3 to desired length. (I did 16)
- Ch 1, hold two short ends together inside out and join together with slip stitches. Fasten off and weave in ends with yarn needle.
- Easy Crochet Winter Scarf Pattern
- 7 Cozy Fall Crochet Scarf Patterns You’ll Love
- 13 Lacy Crochet Scarf Patterns
- Waffle Stitch Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Textured Crochet Neck Warmer Pattern
- Josie Chunky Crochet Scarf Pattern
- 6 Cozy Crochet Pocket Shawl Patterns You’ll Love
- Ombre Crochet Neck Warmer Pattern
- Williams Puff Cowl Crochet Pattern
- 7 Festive Crochet Scarves to Make for Christmas
- 20 Free and Easy Crochet Scarf Patterns for Beginners
- Crochet Griddle Stitch Scarf Pattern