Are you looking for easy to make sweater crochet patterns? This free crochet pattern post can help whether you are searching for a shrug, pullover, cozy sweater or cardigan to crochet.
Grab a cup of coffee (or tea) and find the perfect sweater pattern to crochet!
Why Make a Cozy Sweater Crochet Pattern
Growing up in PA and living here all of my life, I know it is essential during the months of December through February to have a sweater on hand. It truly is the time of sweater weather during that time.
I love being able to have a handmade sweater to put on while proudly thinking “I made this!”
Let’s not forget about the spring months and how they are perfect for lighter weight sweaters or shrugs too! I designed the Olivia sweater specifically with cotton yarn so that it would be perfect for springtime weather.
Choose from over 27 different crotchet sweater patterns, some of which use basic stitches and are perfect for beginner crocheters. Since there patterns come in a variety of skill levels, there really is a sweater crochet pattern for everyone below!
27 + Easy & Free Crochet Sweater Patterns
Lightweight Crochet Sweater Top Pattern
The Olivia sweater is a lightweight top design (it uses a 3 weight yarn!) that is a perfect transition piece from cooler to warmer weather. Use this design with a simple stitch pattern to make an easy sweater that consists of a front panel and back panel seamed together, which means it has a simple construction. Get the free pattern below.
Designed by Easy Crochet.
Crochet Velvet Cardigan Pattern
To make this beautiful crochet cardigan, you will only need to know how to double crochet! Since this simple sweater design uses bulk yarn, it works up fast and makes for an extra cozy design that is great for the colder months. Find this great looking sweater pattern below!
Designed by Maria’s Blue Crayon.
Cascading Crochet Sweater Pattern
You’ll love this long sweater pattern because the main body of the design works up in one panel, requires no shaping (a perfect fit every time), and is simple to make! It uses a combination of stitches to create texture, which makes this crocheted jacket so fun! Plus, This easy crochet sweater is perfect for the cooler weather months and chilly evenings since it is long like a blanket.
Designed by Mama in a Stitch.
Easy Crochet Pocket Cardigan Pattern
This beautiful pattern is designed with pockets and to have an oversized fit, which is PERFECT for Fall. If you love to make cardigan crochet patterns, then you’ll love this comfy sweater design.
Designed by For the Frills.
Classic Crochet Sweater Pattern
You’ll love the way “The Home Girl Sweater” which is a V-neck sweater fits and looks! Plus, it uses easy to learn basic crochet stitches and is available to crochet in multiple sweater sizes. This classic sweater pattern is available for free on her blog or as Crochet Sweater PDF pattern on Etsy.
Designed by Meg Made with Love
23+ More Free Crochet Sweater Patterns
Look through even more free crochet sweaters below to find the perfect pattern option for your next project! All of which will make a perfect addition to your crocheted wardrobe.
- Movie Night Cocoon Cardi – Two Of Wands
- Kram Cardigan – KT and the Squid
- Habitat Crochet Cardigan – Make and Do Crew
- Sweater Coat Cardigan – Mama in a Stitch
- Knit Look Crochet Sweater – Jenny & Teddy
- Newport Kimono – Stitch & Hustle
- Simple Crochet Sweater – Hooked on Homemade Happiness
- Beginner Crochet Sweater – Sweet Everly B
- Cozy Crochet Sweater – Taylor Lynn Crochet
- Sweet Heart Sweater – Winding Roads Crochet
- Everyday Crochet Cardigan – Sewrella
- Everygirl Crochet Sweater – Hooked on Homemade Happiness
- Madeline Crochet Pullover – Life and Yarn
- Chunky Crochet Sweater – Crochet With Carrie
- Easiest Crochet Sweater Ever – Yarn Hook Needles
- Velvet Cardi for Kids – Heart Hook Home
- Chic Cardigan – My Hobby is Crochet
- Angelica Cardigan – Desert Bloom Crafts
- Aurora Cardigan – A Crocheted Simplicity
- Nautical Knots Pullover – Joy of Motion
- Eva Cardigan – Yarn & Chai
- Done in a Day Quick Shrug – Mama in A Stitch
- Rochester Sweater – TL Yarn Crafts
- Easy Pullover – A Purpose and a Stitch
Thanks for Taking a Look at This List of Crochet Cardigans, Sweaters, and Shrugs!
Did you make a beautiful crochet sweater from the list above? Share it with me in the Easy Crochet Facebook group! We’d love to see! Join Now.
I hope you enjoyed this crocheted sweater list and…
You May Also Like These Crochet Patterns
- Easy Crochet Ghost Patterns for Halloween
- Easy to Learn Crochet Stitches for Baby Blankets
- The Top Amigurumi Crochet Cat Patterns
- 26+ Top Amigurumi Crochet Doll Patterns (Cute + Free)
- 7+ Easy Crochet Backpack Patterns
- 7 Best Yarns for Baby Blankets
- 7+ Crochet Slouch Hat Patterns
- 8+ Free Crochet Patterns for Father’s Day
- The Best Crochet Hook Sets
- The Best Ergonomic Crochet Hooks + Hook Sets
- The Best Free Patterns for Crochet Doilies
- Crochet Dragon Patterns
- 7+ Easy Things to Crochet
- Free Cotton Yarn Crochet Patterns