21 Adorable and Free Bunny Crochet Patterns for Easter
If you are looking for a free crochet bunny pattern for Easter, then you are in luck! Below, I’ve collected a variety of adorable Easter bunny crochet patterns that are perfect to make for the Easter holiday!
Free Crochet Bunny Patterns for Easter
Whether you’re an experienced crocheter or just starting out, creating an Easter bunny is a fun and rewarding project that’s perfect for the season.
In this post, we’ll explore some of the most popular crochet Easter bunny patterns, from simple and classic bunnies to amigurumi toys to giant huggable bunnies of which are extra cute plus free patterns!
So, grab your hooks, your favorite yarn, and let’s get ready to make some adorable bunnies that will bring joy and cheer to your Easter celebrations.
Tips for Crocheting Amigurumi Bunnies
As I mentioned earlier, some patterns are Easter bunny amigurumi designs, which means you will need to know a few techniques as well as have a few supplies on hand if that is what you are going to crochet.
Stitches And Techniques For Crocheting Amigurumi Easter Bunny Patterns
- Single Crochet: A beginner-friendly basic stitch that is most commonly used in Amigurumi patterns, as well as other types of amigurumi designs. Learn how to single crochet.
- Back Loop Single Crochet: A single crochet that is worked in the back of the v of the single crochet stitch. This technique can be used to create texture on an Easter bunny and more. Learn how to back loop single crochet.
- Front Loop Single Crochet: Working in the front loop is very similar to the back loop technique, but you will be working in the front loop of the v of the single crochet or the part that is closest to you.
- Single Crochet Increase & Invisible Decrease: These methods create seamless transitions in a crocheted bunny toy when you’d like to make a leg go from bigger to smaller or vice versa.
- Magic Loop: The magic loop is a crochet technique that creates a closed, tight bottom of a circle. It can be used for hats, place mats, circles and these cute bunnies too! Learn more about the Magic loop (or circle) to use this method.
- Changing Yarn Colors: You can learn more about changing colors in crochet with our free tutorial. This is helpful for a smooth transition from one color to the next in these bunny toys.
- Attaching Parts: You will need to know how to attach arms, legs, heads, and tails to some of these crochet bunny designs.
Supplies for An Amigurumi Easter Bunnies
- Stitch Markers: A stitch marker is important to keep track of the rounds you are working in the bunny patterns. You will work most toy designs in continuous rounds vs joined rounds, so it is critical to be able to keep track of the rounds with this marker.
- Crochet Hook: Most of the patterns will use a smaller sized crochet hook than the yarn they are using calls for. This is because it will create a tighter single crochet stitch in the pattern, which in turn makes a cleaner looking end product.
- Safety Eyes: Most of the crocheted Easter bunny toys you will find to make use safety eyes. These are usually plastic snap together pieces that form an eye in amigurumi. If you prefer not to use safety eyes, you can surface crochet eyes onto almost any bunny pattern instead with yarn or embroidery thread.
- Yarn: While almost any yarn can be used for amigurumi patterns, the most commonly used weight is Light/DK or Medium/Worsted weight yarn. A bunny made with DK yarn will be slightly smaller than one made with worsted weight medium yarn, but that is typically the preferred outcome. I also suggest using a brighter yarn as a beginner because it can be tough to see stitches in dark yarns like black, for example. The types of fiber uses can vary, but the post popular are a cotton yarn or acrylic yarns (they are easy to find in fun colors)
- Pins: Pins make it easy to attach extra pieces (nose, yarn eyes, etc.) of the crocheted toy, so when they are sewn on they are in the correct spot.
- Yarn Needle: You will need this to attach the bunny tail, eyes, and faces etc. as well as weaving in ends. I love using bent tip tapestry needles for amigurumi, but straight needles can be used for eyebrows and lines too.
- Stuffing: Most crochet bunny toys will have stuffing or fiber fill, so this is an important material to have on hand. Polyfill is my personal favorite.
- Scissors: You will need scissors to cut the yarn end when you are done crocheting your bunny design. A good pair of stork scissors are great for cutting yarn smoothly.
- Wooden Stick: A popsicle stick is useful to help fill and shape the amigurumi projects.
- Wire: Sometimes you will see an amigurumi pattern that requires wire to shape the bunny ears, tails and other parts of the rabbit.
Easter Bunny Crochet Patterns
Crochet Easter bunny patterns are a fun and creative way to celebrate the holiday and make cute and cuddly decorations or gifts.
Velvet Bunny Amigurumi Free Crochet Pattern
This extra cute velvety bunny is an adorable toy to make as a gift for Easter! This bunny uses extra soft yarn, which means it's cuddly!
Spring Bunnies Pattern
Learn how to crochet this set of adorable Spring bunnies that are perfect for Easter time.
Crochet Easter Bunny Washcloth Pattern
Make this quick and easy washcloth pattern for Easter. It works up fast and makes a great gift.
Hoppy Easter Crochet Bunny Basket
Crochet this bunny basket for Easter with this easy crochet pattern! This bunny pattern features a fluffy bunny tail for added cuteness!
Crochet Floppy Bunny Ear Hat Pattern
Crochet this adorable Easter Bunny hat pattern with our free pattern! It uses three basic crochet stitches, so it's great for all skill levels of crocheters.
Bunny Creme Egg Cover Free Pattern
Learn how to crochet these adorable Easter egg bunny covers with this free pattern!
Easy Crochet Bunny
This adorable easy crochet bunny pattern for Easter is simple to make and a great beginner amigurumi project.
Mini Bunny Amigurumi
You'll love this pair of bunnies that are perfect for Easter and spring! Plus, you can make one for everyone you know since they are a boy and girl bunny version.
Crochet Chocolate Bunny - Easter Project - free pattern
A chocolate Easter bunny is an iconic part of the holiday, and with a crochet pattern, you can make a sweet and calorie-free version that will last for years to come.
FREE amigurumi pattern! Cory the Giant Bunny
This giant Easter bunny crochet pattern is the perfect gift to give this year, since it's cuddly and handmade! Get the free pattern below.
Classic Crochet Bunny: An Easter Favorite
Crochet a classic Easter bunny with this free pattern. The soft yarn used makes it extra cuddly and the perfect Easter crochet pattern!
Ragdoll Spring Bunny Free Crochet Pattern
This bunny is adorable with his its spring flower dress and it's perfect for Easter too!
Bunny Crochet Cups
These adorable crochet bunny cups are perfect to fill with treats for Easter!
Crochet Easter Bunny Egg Pattern
Make a cute Easter bunny egg with this simple Easter pattern from One Dog Woof. It works up quick and makes a cute addition to an Easter basket.
Crochet Bunny C2C Blanket
Make an Easter Bunny Blanket with this easy free pattern! It features a graph and the c2c stitch, which means it's simple to make and works up fast.
Crochet Bunny Amigurumi Pattern
These Easter Bunny amigurumi patterns are great to work up for the Easter holiday as a gift. They can be customized with any yarn color, so they are a perfect match for the recipient of the bunny.
Easter Egg Bunny Free Crochet Pattern By Elisa's Crochet
This free egg bunny pattern is a fun gift to add to an Easter Basket! Get the free bunny egg below.
Crochet Easter Bunny Garland | Free Pattern
Make a homemade crochet bunny garland with this free pattern! This garland is a great addition to add to your Easter celebrations or parties.
Free Easter Bunny Crochet Pattern
Make this adorable crocheted Easter bunny with this free pattern. It features a little bunny holding a carrot, which is perfect for Easter!
Small Bunny Peep Pattern
Make a peep look-alike bunny with this free crochet pattern! It's an easy and beginner-friendly crochet Easter pattern, too!
Crochet Easter Bunny Decor
Crochet an Easter decoration with this free bunny outline pattern! This stuffed crochet bunny would go perfectly on a shelf or fireplace mantel in a home.
More Free Easter Crochet Patterns: Bunnies, Eggs and More!
- 21 Adorable and Free Bunny Crochet Patterns for Easter
- 10 Free Crochet Easter Basket Patterns
- 10 Best Crochet Easter Egg Patterns
- Crochet Egg Pattern for Easter
- Easter Crochet Patterns To Try This Year
- Crochet Floppy Bunny Ear Hat Pattern
- 9 Easy and Free Easter Crochet Patterns
- Crochet Easter Bunny Washcloth Pattern