If you are looking for a fun way to add a homemade touch to Easter, then these easy crochet eggs are it!
All of these adorable Easter egg patterns are perfect for Easter celebrations as decorations, an Easter egg hunt or as party favors.
How to Make Easter Eggs
You will need some basic amigurumi supplies as well as knowledge of basic crochet stitches. Learn more about each of these below.
Supplies for Easter Eggs
To make a crocheted egg pattern you will need a few materials such as a crochet hook, yarn, and some notions.
- Yarn: The egg patterns will all use different weights and types of yarns, but the most common yarn weight found throughout these designs are a four weight yarn. (aka worsted weight)
- Crochet Hook: Each of the egg patterns will have a hook size recommended. Make sure you use the correct hook size for the egg pattern, checking the pattern notes carefully.
- Other Notions: You may also need a few other crochet supplies as well to make these eggs. Such as a stitch marker, yarn needle (aka tapestry needle), safety eyes and more.
If you are unsure of which yarn to use for these easy crochet Easter eggs, I recommend either Lion Brand 24/7 cotton or Lily’s Sugar’n Cream.
Lily Sugar’n Cream
Both of these yarns, are 100% cotton and will make it easy to keep your crochet eggs clean after they are used.
Stitches for Easter Eggs
Most of the easy crochet egg patterns use simple stitches and techniques such as the single crochet stitch, single crochet two together technique and the magic circle.
- Single Crochet
- Single Crochet Two Together (or aka single crochet decrease)
- Magic Circle (aka magic loop)
Difficulty Level: Easy
Learn this stitch →
Single Crochet Two Together
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
Learn this stitch →
You can learn more about each of these easy crochet stitches and techniques above, so you’ll be prepared to make one or all of these crochet Easter eggs.
The Best Crochet Easter Egg Pattern Designs
Explore this collection of Easter Crochet Eggs that are a mix of some free crochet pattern selections as well as paid patterns that I thought you would enjoy.
Not only are these Easter Eggs patterns on the list perfect for all skill levels of crocheters, they are some of the best you can make!
I hope you find lots of Egg patterns to fill an Easter basket with this year with this of the top 10 crochet Easter eggs!