This easy crochet infinity scarf pattern for beginners is the perfect quick pattern to make today!
After you learn how to crochet this scarf, be sure to check out the reader favorite one hour cowl too!
I hope you enjoy this quick crochet pattern.
Easy to Crochet Scarf for All Skill Levels
I somehow found time between all the Christmas parties, cookies, and present opening to design this simple crochet scarf pattern and I love how it turned out!
Read on down to find the free crochet scarf pattern for beginners to get started today!
The Yarn You’ll Want to Use to Make This Beginner-Friendly Scarf
I used Loops & Threads® Country Loom™ Yarn from Michaels in shale. This was my first time using this bulky yarn and I have to say I really loved it.
You only need less than 2 skeins of this yarn and the color combinations are endless because of the great variety that Michaels stores carries. If you can’t find this yarn Lion Brand Homespun is a great alternative!
It is super soft and the shale color is so beautiful with its mixture of gray, brown and tan tones. Take a look at the Country Loom yarn and let me know what you think.
The Easy Crochet Stitch to Make this Simple Crochet Scarf
I decided to use a simple double crochet stitch for this entire pattern, so it would be perfect for beginner crocheters.
Double Crochet (dc):
- Wrap the yarn over (yo) the hook, insert the hook into the specified st.
- Yo the hook again, draw the yarn through the st, so there are 3 loops on the hook
- Yo the hook again draw it through 2 loops, so there are 2 loops on the hook
- Yo the hook, draw it through the final 2 loops.
Since it uses this easy crochet stitch, it really is a quick one-hour project!
Please read on down for the free, simple crochet scarf pattern.
Chunky Infinity Scarf Beginner Crochet Pattern
Skill Level: Basic
- < than 2 skeins of Loops & Threads® Country Loom™ Yarn in Shale or any super bulky (6) yarn
- 9 MM crochet hook, size N
- Yarn needle
Crochet Stitch Abbreviations
- Gauge is 6 double crochets for every 4″
- The finished dimension is approximately a 60″ circumference and 8″ width.
- Written in standard US terms
The Free Crochet Scarf Cowl Pattern
Round 1: Ch 90 and join together with a sl st to form a circle, being careful not to twist yarn.(90)
Round 2: Ch 2, dc in each ch around, (FYI: this yarn is forgiving because it is so bulky. If you mess up, it hides imperfections perfectly.) sl st to the top of the first dc. (90)
Round 3: Ch 2, dc in each st around, sl st to the top of the first dc. (90)
Round 4-8: rep round 3. (90)
Finishing: Fasten off and weave in loose ends with a yarn needle.
You Are Done!
Wasn’t that simple? I love quick and easy projects. If you make this simple crochet scarf, please share it with me on Instagram @easycrochetcom with the #easycrochetcom.
You May Also Like These Free Crochet Patterns…
- 7 Cozy Fall Crochet Scarf Patterns You’ll Love
- 13 Lacy Crochet Scarf Patterns
- Waffle Stitch Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Textured Crochet Neck Warmer Pattern
- Josie Chunky Crochet Scarf Pattern