The Luna Chevron Scarf Crochet pattern is quick to work up since it uses a simple stitch repeat! If this is what you are looking for in a crochet pattern, then get free scarf pattern below!
If you’d like to make more scarves to look at, I can help! Explore the Easy Crochet archives for access to over 300 free designs. Don’t have time to make it now? Pin it on Pinterest to make it later! This free chevron crochet scarf is part of a collaboration with Lionbrand.com. This post may contain affiliate links.
I can’t wait for you to try this pattern!
For this scarf, I decided to use Lion Brand Shawl in a Cake (which is seriously so gorgeous) in the colorway Wind Chimes. The fiber is made up of Metallic: 61% Cotton, 34% Acrylic and 5% Other. The glitter and delicate nature of the yarn creates a beautiful scarf.
Update 2021: this yarn is no longer available in cake form but still can be purchased in a skein as shown below.
Click the yarn image below to check it out!
Hold Two Strands Together at The Same Time!
To make this scarf a little easier to work up, I held two strands together at the same time. When you do, this is makes it a little bulkier (+warmer!), which in turn makes it work up just a bit faster.
There are many reasons why the Luna scarf should be your next crochet pattern besides the fact that it is fun. You will love the easy stitch repeat and that it works ups so fast. If you enjoy these types of projects, then this one is a quick weekend project you’ll want to try.
Shawl in a Cake From Lion Brand!
When the Shawl in a Cake is crocheted (or knitted) with it has a beautiful drape to it, sparkle (it does!) and lays so nicely. If you have every used Shawl in a Ball, this is the same but in a convenient cake form! Like I mentioned earlier, if you can’t find this yarn in cake form, Shawl in a Ball from Lion brand would work great, or any four weight medium yarn.
Luna Chevron Scarf Crochet Pattern
Skill Level: Intermediate
Description: The Luna chevron scarf is designed using a simple stitch repeat and makes a warm and stylish scarf.
- 2 cakes of Lion Brand Shawl in a Cake Yarn in the colorway Wind Chimes or any medium four weight yarn
- I 5.5 mm crochet hook
- yarn needle
- hdc dec = half double crochet decrease
- Yarn over (yo) the crochet hook, insert the crochet hook into the designated stitch.
- Yo the crochet hook and pull the yarn back through the stitch on your crochet hook. You should now have three stitches on your hook.
- Insert the crochet hook into the next stitch on your row & yo the crochet hook again.
- Pull the yarn through the stitch on your crochet hook. You should now have four stitches on your hook.
- Yo the crochet hook and pull the yarn through all four stitches on your crochet hook.
- sc dec = single crochet decrease
- Insert hook into designated stitch
- YO (yarn over), pull back through the stitch
- Insert hook into next stitch, YO and pull back through three loops
- x = times
- Approx: 7 st’s = 2 inches & hdc & sc row = 1 inch in height
- Approximately 8 inches wide X 66 inches long
- Written in Standard US Terms
- The pattern is worked in a multiple of 7 +6
- The entire pattern is worked, holding two strands of yarn together at the same time.
The Scarf Pattern
See stitch chart above for extra help.
Foundation Row: Ch 27
Row 1: Starting with the second & third ch from hook hdc dec, hdc 3x in the next ch, * hdc, hdc, skip 2 ch(s), hdc, hdc, hdc 3x in the next ch, repeat from * across ending with a hdc dec the last two ch(s), turn. (26)
Row 2: Ch 1, sc dec, *sc 3x in the next st, sc, sc, skip 2 st(s), sc, sc, repeat from * across, ending with a sc dec in the last 2 st’s, turn. (26)
Row 3: Ch 1, working with the first two st(s), hdc dec, *hdc 3x in the next ch, hdc, hdc, skip 2 ch(s), hdc, hdc, repeat from * ending with a hdc dec in the last two st’s, turn. (26)
Row 4 to Row 131: Repeat Row 2 & 3 for the rest of the pattern. (26)
Finishing: Fasten off. Weave in loose ends throughout the scarf with a yarn needle.
You Are Done!
That’s it! You finished your very own Luna Scarf! If you’d like to follow along with me on Social media because it’s fun to hang out even if it’s over the internet then follow along with me on Instagram or Pinterest!
I’d also love for you to join the private Easy Crochet Club FB Group hosted by me! It is super fun and full of encouraging fiber artists!
More Free Crochet Patterns
- Apple Crochet Patterns Perfect for Fall
- Fall Apple Crochet Coaster
- Cozy Up Your Home with Crochet Fall Decor (All Free Patterns)
- 10 Cozy Crochet Blanket and Afghan Patterns You’ll Love
- 11 Quick Crochet Patterns for Fast and Fabulous Projects
- 8 Spooky Crochet Halloween Projects to Haunt Your Home
- 5 Crochet Patterns For Thanksgiving (All Free)
- Top 5 Crochet Fall Coaster Patterns
- 7 Cozy Fall Crochet Scarf Patterns You’ll Love
- 11 Easy Crochet Potholder Patterns
- 9 Cute Crochet Chicken Patterns
- Easy Crochet Ombre Shell Stitch Baby Blanket
- How to Hold Two Skeins of Yarn Together