If you are looking for crochet pig patterns, then you are in luck! Below we have gathered a collection of free pig patterns as well as paid ones from around the internet that are so cute and easy to crochet!
Why You’ll Love Crocheting a Pig
Crochet pig patterns are a fun and easy way to add a touch of cuteness to your crochet projects. Whether you’re looking for a cute toy for your child or a unique home decor item, a crochet pig is the perfect choice. In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the best crochet pig patterns available online and provide you with tips and tricks to make your own adorable piggy friend.
Scroll on down to find some cuddly and cute pig patterns to crochet!
How to Crochet a Pig
If you would like to learn how to crochet a pig, you will need some supplies as well as basic knowledge of a few stitches and techniques. Below, we’ll go over each of these topics, so you’ll be ready to pick a pig pattern and start crocheting!
#1. Gather Supplies
To crochet a pig, you will need the following supplies:
- Yarn: Choose a soft yarn in pink or another pig-like color. The yarn weight will vary with each pattern below, so be sure to look over what size you will need.
- Crochet hook: Use a hook that is the appropriate size for your yarn, typically a size G or H hook for medium-weight yarn, but be sure to look over the pattern to see what crochet hook size is recommended.
- Scissors: You will need a pair of sharp scissors to cut the yarn.
- Stuffing: To give your pig shape, you will need stuffing. Polyester fiberfill is a good option.
- Tapestry needle: Use a tapestry needle with a large eye to weave in your ends and sew your pig together.
- Black embroidery thread or yarn: To embroider the pig’s eyes and nose, you will need black embroidery thread or yarn.
- Stitch markers (optional): These can be helpful to mark the beginning of a round or a stitch pattern in the pig designs.
- Pattern: Pick a crochet pattern for a pig that you like from our list below. They are all so cute, so you’ll probably have a hard time just picking one.
#2. Read over the Pattern Carefully
Before you start crocheting your pig, you need to carefully read and understand the pattern you will be using. Look for the following details in the pattern:
- The type and weight of the yarn used in the pattern. This will help you choose the right yarn for your project.
- The size of the crochet hook you will need to use.
- Any special stitches or techniques used in the pattern. If you are unfamiliar with any of the stitches, you can find video tutorials online or in crochet stitch books.
- The gauge of the pattern. The gauge is the number of stitches and rows that should be achieved in a given measurement of the pattern. This will help ensure that your pig turns out the correct size.
- The finished size of the pig. Make sure that the size of the finished pig is suitable for your needs.
- The number of stitches needed to create each round or row.
- How to increase and decrease stitches to shape the body and limbs.
#3 Follow the Pattern
Once you have carefully read over the pattern and understand it, you can begin crocheting your pig or piglet. Don’t be afraid to refer to the pattern as you go to make sure you are following the instructions correctly.
More Free Amigurumi Crochet Patterns to Make
Take a look at these other amigurumi crochet patterns for animals, cakes, and plants and more!