I am excited to share a quick and fun tutorial on how to crochet a hot pad featuring red, white and blue yarn.
This bobble pattern is perfect to use at your next patriotic event like Memorial Day, Fourth of July and more!
Think how great this would be for picnics to celebrate Memorial Day, the Fourth of July and even Labor Day!
Crochet an Easy Hot Pad
It is easy to get started with this easy crochet hot pad pattern!
To begin this hot pad, you will need cotton yarn, a size F (3.75 mm) crochet hook, and just one hour! It is that easy and quick. Promise! It is a great beginner-friendly pattern, which is always a favorite around here.
Scroll on down to learn how to crochet a hot pad today!
Crochet Hotpad in Red, White & Blue!
I made my example with Lily Sugar ‘N Cream Yarn in a fun red, white, and blue color way which is perfect for the Fourth of July & more! I’ll link up the yarn below, so you can check it out and see what I mean!
Lily Sugar’n Cream
Browse through the yarn that is perfect for this crocheted hot pad above!
Perfect to Use at Picnics!
I will be using this next weekend at my picnic for my casserole dish! It also helps that it will keep my picnic table safe!
This hot pad will always make for a fun way to add a little festive touch to a party!
Ready to Get Started?
If you are ready to learn how to make a red, white and blue hot pad with bobbles, then keep on scrolling down for the FREE pattern!
Happy Hot Pad Crocheting!
Free Hot Pad Crochet Pattern
Skill Level: Easy
- Size US 3.75 MM F crochet hook
- Cotton yarn (I used Lily Sugar’ n Cream in Red & Red, White & Blue)
- Yarn needle
- Written in Standard US terms
- You will need to know how to change yarn colors in this hotpad.
The Hot Pad Pattern
- Chain (CH) 34 with Red
- ROW 1: Single Crochet (SC) into second CH from Hook, SC across Row, Turn, CH1
- ROW 2: Single Crochet (SC) into second ST from Hook, SC across Row, Turn, CH1
- ROW 3: In first ST, SC, *Yarn Over (YO), pull up loop, YO, Draw Hook through 2 loops, (4 Times) ,Pull through all Loops on Hook to Create Bobble, SC, SC, Repeat from * Across Until end of Row, end with 1 SC, Turn, CH 1.
- ROW 4: In first ST, SC Across entire Row, Change Colors to Red, White & Blue. CH1, Turn
- ROW 5: In first ST, SC, next do a SC, SC, *Yarn Over (YO), pull up loop, YO, Draw Hook through 2 loops, (4 Times) ,Pull through all Loops on Hook to Create Bobble, SC, SC, Repeat from * Across Until end of Row, end with 2 SC. CH 1 , Turn
- ROW 6: In first ST, SC, SC Across entire Row, Change Color to Red. CH 1, Turn
- Repeat Rows 3-6 until you reach a total of 20 Rows, Do not Tie Off
- Weave in Loose ends with a yarn needle
- Use red yarn that was left from the last row of SC and SC across the outside hot pad, making sure to crochet 3 SC in every corner.
- When you reach the beginning SC, Slip Stitch to the starting SC. Weave in loose ends and then you are done.