If you are looking for a crocheted butterfly top, then this is the collection for you. These trendy and eye-catching top designs are not only cool to look at, they are also delightfully quick to crochet.
Below you’ll find the top crochet butterfly tops that are perfect for Summer events and the warmer weather months. Enjoy our collection of beautiful butterfly crochet top patterns and easy-to-follow video tutorials. You can find both paid and free patterns for butterfly tops. Happy Crocheting!
What is a Butterfly Crochet Top?
A butterfly crochet top is precisely what the name implies. It is a crocheted bralette top that looks like a butterfly! Typically, each side of the crop top (or halter) is a wing with a body in the middle, it’s that simple.
So, basically, this type of crochet top creates the body of a butterfly.
What Do You Need to Crochet a Butterfly Top?
To crochet a butterfly top, you will usually need the following materials.
- Crochet Hook: You will need a crochet hook in the size that is recommended for the yarn you are using.
- Yarn: Choose a soft, lightweight yarn that will drape well. You can use any color you like, but bright, bold colors are popular for butterfly tops.
- The best type of yarn to use is a lightweight cotton yarn so that is easy to work up and breathable when worn.
- Scissors: A sharp pair of scissors will come in handy for cutting the yarn.
- Tape Measure: You will need a tape measure to take measurements and ensure the top fits correctly.
- Stitch Markers: Stitch markers are useful for marking the beginning and end of each round, as well as any increases or decreases.
- Pattern: You will need a pattern to follow. Luckily, there are many paid and free patterns available below to pick from.
Once you have all the materials, you can start crocheting your butterfly top by following the instructions in the pattern. It’s important to take your time and work carefully to ensure that your top turns out just as you want it to.
Ready to Get Started?
Once you know what you’ll need to crochet a butterfly top, take a look below at a top that is a free pattern as well as some crochet tops that are paid as well. Enjoy these trendy boho chic halter tops!
More Free Crochet Top Patterns
Take a look below at a few more of our favorite free crochet top patterns and collections that you can make as well!