Do you want to add a border to your crochet projects? If you are looking for an interesting border for your crochet blanket, then try these picot crochet border tutorials to add that something extra!
How Do I Make a Picot Stitch in Crochet?
If you are asking yourself this question, then I can help! Picot borders are super easy to crochet on to almost any crocheted piece such as a scarf, blanket & more! It also is the perfect way to add a little something extra to those crochet projects.
Two Easy to Learn Picot Crochet Edging Techniques
The tutorials below are meant to be attached as borders to finished projects. I’d suggest them on blankets (like the Jane Crochet throw!), sweaters and even washcloths. Keep this in mind when reading the instructions.
Scroll on down for the full picot border tutorial! Happy Crocheting!
Picot Crochet Border Tutorials
Skill Level: Easy
- Yarn: Any yarn weight will work. I used a four weight cotton yarn for this example
- Crochet Hook: Any crochet hook size will work as long as it corresponds to the yarn used.
- Yarn Needle
- The tutorials are written in standard US terms
Picot Shell Border
This can be worked in any multiple of 3 stitches.
- Chain 1, single crochet in the same stitch.
- * skip 2 stitches, in next stitch make 3 double crochets, chain 4, slip stitch in 1st chain, 3 double crochets
- Skip 2 stitches, 1 single crochet in next stitch.
- Repeat from * to continue the pattern border.
If you need to make a project bigger or smaller just work this border into any multiples of stitches.
- Chain 1, single crochet in the same stitch
- Chain 3, slip stitch into the first chain(this is a picot!)
- * Single crochet into the next stitch, Ch 3, slip stitch into the first chain
- Repeat from * for the pattern border.
You’ve Made a Picot Border!
Now you can easily add borders to almost any crochet project! Which one of these two techniques was your favorite?
Let me know in the comments!
Yarn That’s Perfect For These Crochet Picot Stitches
You May Also Like These Free Crochet Patterns
- The Top Easy Crochet Washcloth Patterns to Make
- Axolotl Crochet Pattern Collection
- How To Crochet The Moss Stitch – A Step-by-Step Guide!
- How to Crochet a Granny Stitch in Rows
- All About Making Crochet Pillow Covers
- How to Make a Crochet Rib Stitch (Photo Tutorial)
- Easy Crochet Animal Patterns (All Free!)
- Crochet Fringe Edging (With Chains!)
- 7+ Crochet Collar Patterns
- American Flag Crochet Patterns for Blankets