Are you looking for an easy to crochet blanket? If so, I have a simple pattern for you!
I recently finished a crocheted three – stripe blanket for my living room couch and still being inspired I attempted to make something similar for my son Sam’s bedroom.
Are you looking for even more free crochet blanket patterns? I can help! Explore the Easy Crochet blanket pattern database for inspiration after you finish this color block crochet baby blanket! I promise you can learn how to make a blanket with this free and beginner-friendly design.
Read on down to find the blanket tutorial & pattern.
Happy Crochet Blanket Making!
The Yarn That I Used for This Colorblocked Crochet Blanket
I used Red Heart Soft Yarn for this 4 color crochet blanket and let Sam pick out the colors. He did a pretty good job with his color choices and I really love how this colorful throw turned out.
Red Heart Soft is a 100% acrylic yarn that is available in a wide variety of colors, so it will be easy to crochet a blanket that is uniquely you.
Red Heart Soft
I did not follow a set of rows for each color. I changed the yarn colors when the color was up in the skein, which was about every 18 rows.
If you’d like a fun change to this, then try the random stripe pattern generator to create a unique striped blanket.
Beginner Color Block Crochet Blanket
I promise if you are new to crocheting, then this blanket is for you! The best thing about this simple beginner blanket is that it works up so fast and uses only single crochets throughout the entire design!
Single crochets are the perfect stitch to use when first starting a crochet journey. This beginner color block blanket is a quick make and will certainly be one that you will go back to time and time again.
Ready to Get Started?
Read on down to find the free crochet throw pattern! Enjoy and Happy Crochet Blanket Making!
Color-Blocked Crochet Blanket Pattern
Skill level: Basic
- Size H Crochet Hook 5.00 mm
- Yarn needle (to weave in ends)
- 4 Skeins of Red Heart Soft Yarn
- Red Heart Soft Yarn, Teal
- Red Heart Soft Yarn, Turquoise
- Red Heart Soft Yarn, Tangerine
- Red Heart Soft Yarn, Light Gray Heather
- The finished size as shown is approximately 50 inches x 25 inches
- To change blanket sizes, simply chain any # starting chain.
Crochet Stitch Abbreviations
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- st(s) = stitch(es)
- Gauge is not essential for this pattern
- Tutorial for changing yarn colors in crochet
- Written in Standard US terms.
- When you’re ready to change colors pull up the first loop for a single crochet in the old color, then pull the new color through the last two loops to complete that single crochet, it’s that easy.
- () shows the st count at the end of each row
*Change yarn colors whenever you prefer or use the random stripes pattern generator to create a unique striped crochet blanket.
Foundation: ch 81
Row 1: sc in the second ch from the hook and in each ch across, turn. (80)
Row 2: ch 1, sc in each st across, turn.
Row 3-72: Repeat row 2 until you reach the desired length or to row 72 to make the same size shown.
Finishing: Cut yarn & weave the cut ends back and forth through the last row of stitching.
If you have any questions about this simple color-blocked crochet blanket pattern, please feel free to ask!