Are you looking for a unique crochet scarf to make? If so, I got one for you! Grab your yarn and hook and get ready to make the simple keyhole crochet scarf design below.
Why You Should Make This Scarf!
The adjustable crochet scarf or some may also call it a crochet keyhole scarf is a perfect design to keep you cozy warm on those chilly, crisp winter days ahead.
You simply put it on thread one end of the scarf through the keyhole and you are done! It’s that easy!
If you love simple projects, then this scarf is one you definitely should be making.
Easy Chevron Scarf Design
I love chevron patterns and was inspired to make this Chevron scarf after I designed my crochet chevron blanket earlier this year.
I wanted this crochet scarf to be a little different and fun, so I created it to have a pull-through space so it would be easy to adjust the fit.
How many times while wearing a scarf, does it move, get tight around your neck and just feel plain uncomfortable? This chevron designed scarf fixes that problem with its adjustable fit!
You may also like these favorites too!
The Yarn That’s Great for This Keyhole Design
To make this keyhole design work I wanted a soft yarn that would move easily and not be stiff. I used Lion Brand Yarn Hometown USA yarn in Tweed, which is a chunky yarn that has a soft texture, which makes it perfect for a crochet scarf like this design!
I think you’ll love it too!
If you can’t find the Hometown yarn you could use any super bulky #6 weight yarn like Lion Brand Thick & Quick or Bernat Softee Chunky Yarn to make your scarf extra warm & thick!
Ready to Get Started?
If you are ready to make this chunky chevron crochet scarf, then read on down to get the full, FREE crochet pattern below.
Adjustable Crochet Scarf Pattern
Skill Level: Intermediate
- 2 balls of Lion Brand Yarn Hometown USA Yarn, Tweed
- Size N 9 mm crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- ch= chain
- sc= single crochet
- st= stitch
- sl st = slip stitch
- sc2tog = single crochet two together
Single Crochet Two Together (sc2tog)
- Insert hook into designated stitch
- YO (yarn over), pull back through the stitch
- Insert hook into next stitch, YO and pull back through three loops
- Click here to add to Ravelry
- Finished size is approximately a 42-inch circumference and an 8-inch width.
- Adjust length by repeating Row 2 to whatever length you desire.
- Written in Standard US terms
To Start: Chain 16
Row 1: Working in the second ch from hook sc the first two stitches together (sc2tog), 1 sc in each of next 5 ch’s, sc 3 times in next ch, 1 sc next 5 ch, sc the last two remaining chains together. (aka sc2tog) turn.
Row 2: Ch 1, starting in the first st sc2tog, 1 sc in each of next 5 st’s, sc 3 times in next st, 1 sc in next 5 st’s, sc the last two remaining st’s together, turn.
Row 3-30: Repeat row 2
Do not fasten off. ch 1 and sc down the long side of your crochet scarf until you get to the first point.
Sc together the two points (this forms your loop that you will pull the scarf through eventually) and continue to sc up the long side of the scarf to point and down.
Sl st to top of first sc and now you can fasten off. Weave in ends with the yarn needle.
You Are Done With Your New Scarf!
You did it! Simply put on and enjoy your new scarf!
That’s it! The Adjustable Crochet Scarf is now complete. If you liked this pattern follow along with me on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest (where I pin daily!). If you prefer video tutorials, you can also find me over on YouTube!
Are you looking for more crochet scarf patterns? Explore the Easy Crochet pattern database for access to over 300 free crochet patterns.
You May Also Like This Pattern:
More Free Crochet Patterns
- Textured Crochet Neck Warmer Pattern
- Josie Chunky Crochet Scarf Pattern
- 6 Must Make Pocket Shawl Crochet Patterns
- Ombre Crochet Neck Warmer Cowl Pattern
- Williams Puff Cowl Crochet Pattern
- Crochet Scarves to Make for Christmas
- 19 Free & Easy Crochet Scarf Patterns to Make Today
- Crochet Griddle Stitch Scarf Pattern
- The Best Crochet Stitches for Scarves
- Free Ombre Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Bobble Stitch Crochet Scarf Pattern
- Fabulously Fall Crochet Fringe Scarf
- Adjustable Crochet Scarf Free Pattern
- Chevron Scarf Crochet Pattern
- How to Crochet a Scarf for Beginners